Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust re-routing pictures?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
exactly...these all show only clearance gains...i.e. wanting to put a ATO or similar tranny skid on
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I am by no mean trying to be mean or disrespectful, but the way this is, is bad.

Having the driver side "T" into the passenger side means two things. Exhaust pulses from the passenger side will not only go down and out the normal exhaust route, but will also go into the "T" back into the driverside tubing.

As well, the driver side exhaust pulses, when hitting that "T" will go left and right. Towards the passenger side exhaust manifold, as well as out the normal flow.

That "T" is causing your exhaust a lot of restriction. Had your exhaust guy been thinking more clearly that day, he would not have done that at all.
Damnit, you're completely correct. I ran it by some exhaust pros I'm now working with and they said it won't be terrible, but the way it is isn't ideal. Grrrr.... Thanks for catching that!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #26
1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1 Bored Clerk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
you may have already done this, but for anyone else looking...this is what i had done.. $150 at my local shop

i like the idea of putting exhaust wrap on the pipe too...
This is pretty much exactly what I want to do. Maybe a tad more room behind the transfer case. Did you have stainless steel tubing used? Also, any thoughts on ceramic coating the newly created 'y' pipe?

I plan on getting a full set of Relentless skids. It looks like all of these crossover re-routes would be outside (to the rear) of the back of the transfer case skid. Bummer but I guess it's not really an issue since it's up so high. Would have to cut a second exhaust clearance hole on the drivers side of the skid for the pipe to come out then turn it immediately to the passenger side. I guess I'll find out for sure once I get my skids and take a look.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
60$ at my local shop. enough clearance for my flat transfer case skid.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #30
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Finally got mine fixed from the earlier "T," thanks to Torspd!

Oh man... that's a great improvement.

The T was truly painful to look at. It was like a plumber did it.

I really like how nothing needs to pass under the trans. You know, that junction forms the third Y of a tri Y exhaust design. Have you noticed any more bottom end pull with that setup? Moving that third Y farther back increases the effective length of the "header" tuning. And the longer the header, the more bottom end torque you get.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #31
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread back to life.

Looking for more example photos!

I need to reroute my exhaust to clear a Pelfreybilt t-case skid.

Several good examples here. I'm worried that the crossover close behind the t-case might cook the grease in the U-joint. Anybody have issues with this?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

see my version of the ypipe reroute... Good option. Same style that Tyler of "pelfreybuilt" did. Minimal pipe cut and change. I have all three pelfrey skids.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #33
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I put on the full set of Relentless Offroad skids (3 pieces) using the bone stock V6 exhaust. The skid has about a 1" bump out" section to clear that stupid stock crossover. So far so good, but I know somday I am going to be hung up on a rock and that "bump out" is going to be the reason.

I like the URD "Y pipe", but a bit concerned if I have to eliminate those cats that I had to pay for. will that cause my truck to throw a Check Engine Light? I drive a GTI that is big turbo and half legal making it a dance to get through emissions testing, not willing to go this way on my Tacoma.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #34
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
URD FTW!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #35
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
see my version of the ypipe reroute... Good option. Same style that Tyler of "pelfreybuilt" did. Minimal pipe cut and change. I have all three pelfrey skids.
Thanks Sconnie, that is what I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
I
I like the URD "Y pipe", but a bit concerned if I have to eliminate those cats that I had to pay for. will that cause my truck to throw a Check Engine Light? I drive a GTI that is big turbo and half legal making it a dance to get through emissions testing, not willing to go this way on my Tacoma.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
URD FTW!!!
Too custom for me. Looks cool.

SconnieHailer's pics reposted from his thread. Looks good. These are the same skids I need to clear.

Attached Thumbnails
exhaust re-routing pictures?-hysi.jpg   exhaust re-routing pictures?-hysi2.jpg   exhaust re-routing pictures?-hysi3.jpg   exhaust re-routing pictures?-hysi4.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #36
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
Too custom for me. Looks cool.
Too custom? No such thing! it's bolt on!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #37
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
I put on the full set of Relentless Offroad skids (3 pieces) using the bone stock V6 exhaust. The skid has about a 1" bump out" section to clear that stupid stock crossover. So far so good, but I know somday I am going to be hung up on a rock and that "bump out" is going to be the reason.

urd y will not cause a cel.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
PutterClutch

I've considered the URD but worried about opening up the exhaust too much on the NA motor... I don't want to kill anymore of my low end torque!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
PutterClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
sigh.
say wha! I noticed my torque curve move up in the rev range when I moved to a magnaflow flowthru muffler. That's my reasoning for the opening up of the Ypipe region moving that torque up even higher in the rev range, something not super useful to me. Why the sigh?