Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust re-routing pictures?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #101
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaux05 View Post
Zero drone. I went 2.5 in piping and removed the secondary cats. It's a flowmaster super 40 dual inlet single outlet dumped behind the axle. I live in the mountains in Colorado and there's no annoying drone on the way to go snowboard. It's only loud when you would want it to be. Best I've seen so far no disrespect to anyone else but The guys that figured out this setup for me did the exhaust on the jeep that won the king of hammers competition last year. I had 70 years of experience design this system. And it only cost me 417 installed including muffler and piping.
Already finished describing your awesomeness? Man, I was just getting interested.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #102
jc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Veteran Submariner MM2(SS) (Nuclear Machinist's Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician)
Name: Jason
jc1980's Tacoma Gallery
A few pictures of mine that was done a few months ago. I think it is a Magnaflow 12198 (I'm pretty sure the shop told me, but didn't really care too much which it was and don't feel like finding the receipt. I just went with what they said would sound deep and not ricey. Plus the price seemed fairly reasonable.).

With Relentless t-case skid (had to grind down the left side since it is a custom exhaust):
Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #103
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I like both those set ups. The price is much better than piecing it together. Does it make a dig difference which shop you choose? I only know of one in my area.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #104
jc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Veteran Submariner MM2(SS) (Nuclear Machinist's Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician)
Name: Jason
jc1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Nice I like both those set ups. The price is much better than piecing it together. Does it make a dig difference which shop you choose? I only know of one in my area.
I think it depends on your wants or needs. Stainless vs aluminized, crush/pressure bent vs mandrel bent, what mufflers are available, etc. I personally wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between them other than info you can find off teh interwebs.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #105
Sneaux05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Sneaux05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Already finished describing your awesomeness? Man, I was just getting interested.
I was describing the type of highway conditions that I drive on usually, such as steep highways that you would encounter on the way to a ski resort, and that there is no annoying drone on the way there. I was trying to be as descriptive as possible for people interested in drone. As far as describing the shop, I was giving credibility to the design of the system for those who are truly interested in doing a re route soon and are looking for ideas.

I would have some sort of disrespectful retort specifically towards you, but I don't see the point in trying to demean you. I don't even know you. I'm sure your exhaust is sweet too. Have a nice day.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #106
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1980 View Post
I think it depends on your wants or needs. Stainless vs aluminized, crush/pressure bent vs mandrel bent, what mufflers are available, etc. I personally wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between them other than info you can find off teh interwebs.
I c. I am liking the idea of going to a custom shop more and more. Not sure if upgrading the exhaust is worth it now when I can be saving up for other mods. Does anybody notice any power gains? What if coupled with a CAI?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #107
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
No, higher than stock, just enough to clear skid without rattle. My stock was slightly lower than the skid in front of the cross member.
Dang, mine sits a little lower than where yours does, do you think I will have a problem fitting a skid on there?