Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Darton Sleeves

Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
NorCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
NorCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So what will you be using for a tuning solution and what size injectors?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if ems guy will be selling a full kit?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
This is the tuning device which I am using - www.proefi.com

And I was running the Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors before I sent my engine out. This time, I will be using the 2000cc.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-injector-dyn...-injectors.cfm
Nice, I will check proefi out. So going e85 then with that size injector? Looking forward to dunk videos.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #25
So doesn't say anything about Tacoma aplication on there site. Are you using a universal and custom harness?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #26
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
Do you know if ems guy will be selling a full kit?
Not sure what you mean by "full kit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTacoma View Post
Nice, I will check proefi out. So going e85 then with that size injector? Looking forward to dunk videos.
That is a possibly which I am planning for. Don't want to have to upgrade injectors later on.

Quote:
So doesn't say anything about Tacoma aplication on there site. Are you using a universal and custom harness?
There are only two known '05+ 1GR Tacoma. Mine and Toon's. I was the first to get it and Adam (no longer there) made plug n play extension harness. Toon's because being an '09 had to be wired in. Because of this reason, it isn't common enough for them to have listed the Tacoma. Both of their EMS' are universal standalones.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #27
So I should be.able to contact them about getting a setup for my 09 Tacoma? That really has been the only issue holding me back from going fi. A decent ems setup. The urd one has been on backorder forever and they aren't saying much abou the 09 setup. My truck is ready and I'm willing so ems was the only issue holding me back. Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #28
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, not sure what i was typing there. Haha...anyways i might end up going this route, I found an engine from another 05 tacoma for $300 with a blown head gasket. (I can use that as my spare and forged project *INVESTMENT*). My friend is trying to find out if his buddy has the proper equipment to bore out the block. not sure if there are shops in hawaii that have the equipment. Gotta make some calls tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I should be.able to contact them about getting a setup for my 09 Tacoma? That really has been the only issue holding me back from going fi. A decent ems setup. The urd one has been on backorder forever and they aren't saying much abou the 09 setup. My truck is ready and I'm willing so ems was the only issue holding me back. Thanks again for the info.
U will be able to use the proEFI ems with ur 09+.
It wil be hard wired into ur factory ecu. Which means u will have to cut into ur harness.
Which alot of people are scared of. But if u take it to the right person to install it you should be fine.
I recommend using a ProEFI authorize installer/tuner to do the install and tune.

So u dont run into all sorts of headaches. Because the installer is not authorIze.

But be prepared to pay a good chunk for this ems,custom harness, the installation, and tuning the truck.

ProEFI is one of the best ems in the whole car scence.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
Well just sent the nearest proefi dealer a message and now the waiting begins. Hopefully this is something they can do. How user friendly is the proefi software? I have tuned with Kpro, Fast, Aem and an old motebox. Does the proefi have good data logging capabilities? Really looking forward to more info on it.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
i thought cowbows road horses?
sorry i had too....

what size injectors will you be running? and where from?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #37
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well just sent the nearest proefi dealer a message and now the waiting begins. Hopefully this is something they can do. How user friendly is the proefi software? I have tuned with Kpro, Fast, Aem and an old motebox. Does the proefi have good data logging capabilities? Really looking forward to more info on it.
Interestingly, I started a thread two years ago to the day. It has the info you request.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...t=42924&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
i thought cowboys road horses?
sorry i had too....

what size injectors will you be running? and where from?
Fixed it for you.

Whom are you referring to specifically about the injectors? Me or NorCal?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
Fixed it for you.

Whom are you referring to specifically about the injectors? Me or NorCal?[/QUOTE]

You sir.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #40
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
sorry, not sure what i was typing there. Haha...anyways i might end up going this route, I found an engine from another 05 tacoma for $300 with a blown head gasket. (I can use that as my spare and forged project *INVESTMENT*). My friend is trying to find out if his buddy has the proper equipment to bore out the block. not sure if there are shops in hawaii that have the equipment. Gotta make some calls tomorrow.
Make sure to pull the lower oil pan and inspect the pick-up. Lets you know how clean everything is. As well as the valve covers. Then, when pulling the heads, make sure the decks of the block are smooth and did not have any steam erosion, caused by knock, which would have been the reason for the blown head gasket.

Also, while inspecting the block, the cylinders should have very minimal scoring. A light hone should clear them up. If they are highly scored, then the block is trash, unless you over bore a little or add some purdy Darton Sleeves.