Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Darton Sleeves

Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #141
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Ya my Trans is rated for 750 which is perfect for what I'm doin. Why is that not for me lol
Quote:
I did alot more than the valve body high performance internals extra clutch discs cryo treated 2500 stall convertor should be fun
I was referring to the Dezod engine link. That was for others in case they weren't aware of where to get parts. You already knew that.

With what you have done then, your trans will be a happy camper, and you could quite possibly have the fastest automatic 1GR Tacoma in the 1/4. Once all is done and tuned in.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #142
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya buddy i can't wait after vacation it's game on I'm puttin that thing back 2gether in a week
Old 07-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #143
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I need the girdle or main studs for my level of power. But it would be nice 2 have so if I want 2 switch 2 a Chevy Trans it could hold way more power
Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #145

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya brother
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #146

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm back from my vacation it's game on now have almost everything 2 finish my truck y'all will be seeing alot of pictures soon
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #149
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Game On! Let's play Ball!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #150

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Update for y'all bottom half is 2gether trans is done
Old 07-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #151
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Are those metal shavings near the wrist pin or scratches in the coating???
Old 07-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #152

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Scratches. The clips are a pain 2 put it
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #154

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I got it down after the first 2 it's been a while since I've done them
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #155
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
not that it really matters but I would try masking them off with some tape before attempting to get them in. I know they are hard, but I would be so anal about not scratching something I just paid several grand for
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #156

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
It's no biggie doesn't affect anythin Darton Sleeves-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375037051.206828.jpgDarton Sleeves-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375037070.688521.jpgDarton Sleeves-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375037745.686383.jpgDarton Sleeves-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375037761.535881.jpg
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #157
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I got it down after the first 2 it's been a while since I've done them
No worries. I had the same problem on my JE's as well. Even had one sucker shoot out towards my face. Lol. Glad I had safety glasses on.

I tell you though, seeing all of this progress is making me a bit anxious for mine....

You are practically finished now. Cams, timing, timing cover, valve covers, oil pans (upper/lower), then put that sucker in.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #158

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm warming up the engine to 200degress so I can torque the head studs properly it's a extra step that is necessary with copper head gaskets
Old 07-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #159

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Yup my goal is 2 have a assembled engine by the end of the day an start puttin the Trans an engine in 2moro