Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #181
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
any updates
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #182
Cmyifyc87 is on a distinguished road
Army: Blue cord mafia
Cmyifyc87's Tacoma Gallery
i am almost afraid to ask for Price and dyno updates because dont want to stir up another forum fued. what am i talking about i enjoyed reading that shit, lol so Price and Dyno updates Mutha FuckAAAAAAAAA's

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/526*395/052313-Ken-Jeong-600.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #183
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyifyc87 View Post
i am almost afraid to ask for Price and dyno updates because dont want to stir up another forum feud.
This is such an odd recurring pattern... thread evaporation just before dyno runs. What makes dyno runs such an insurmountable obstacle?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #184
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
This is such an odd recurring pattern... thread evaporation just before dyno runs. What makes dyno runs such an insurmountable obstacle?
Each situations different I'm sure, some people don't want to fork over the usually 150~ dollars for one. Some people (like me) have no real access to one.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #186
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
All I know is I'm enjoying my one off intake lol
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #188
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you don't think I'm being unduly critical or am just a do-nothing armchair quarterback.

I've already been doing what you and the manifold spacer guy are both struggling to do. I began with an idea and took it all the way from a concept through to a finished intake manifold.

I marketed them myself, and am using the profits to enjoy doing my own pure "crazy" R & D experimentation. (just the rough mockup )

This is not a static process. One idea flows into another and another. The fun and adventure is following that silver thread of ideas just to see where they will lead.

There was no great insurmountable struggle to produce dyno results, no leading people on with a long endless string of excuses why they weren't happening. I simply did the damn runs and posted the results.

Now the gains weren't astounding, but the runs were honest with nothing done to falsely enhance the results, and the gains were enough to sell manifolds at a modest price commensurate with their performance improvement. This has bought me the freedom to experiment further...
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #190
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Nope. Go for it. Just because I am involved with trying to get projects moving forward, doesn't mean others cannot.

If I had the tools to make the stuff myself, the 1GR intake manifold would have been made years ago. I unfortunately am at the will of others' time and tools.
I understand, Tors... you do your best with what you got.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #191
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about 2 start tig welding. As soon as I get that all set up I will do my best 2 try an make a Intake for us all. Torspd I'm building my engine as we speak an my Trans gonna be putting 15psi at the engine maybe more hopefully be Putin out 600hp
Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #193

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Brian crower rods cp performance pistons arp head studs I'm doing all the work. It's what I do for a living lol
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #195

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool did you hone your cylinders 2 fit the 94.5 pistons?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #197

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I have 2 buy a engine becaus mine went boom so I'm gonna build the crap out of it lol.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #198

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 4x4 taco so this is gonna be fun since technically this is made for the xrunner but engines are pretty much the same
Old 06-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #200
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
I have the 4x4 taco so this is gonna be fun since technically this is made for the xrunner but engines are pretty much the same
4x4 is not made for a xrunner.
Lol....

Lol u got the only intake because i wasnt happy with that one.
U can say u got the hand me downs....