Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #221
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
If this thread was merged with the manifold spacer thread, no one would ever notice...
I forget which is which, until I open it.

Can't hit the unsubscribe for some reason on either though.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #222
e10pvmt is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter / Paramedic
Name: Tony
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
Not to get off topic or anything...but just to clarify the 4runner engine does not sit any differently in the 4runner than it does in the tacoma...its the sheetmetal and the slope of the hood on the 4runner that brings it closer to the hood...i currently have an 03 4runner and a 2012 Tacoma and they sit the same in the frames....i am having intake issue but of a completely different kind. I need an intake manifold for a mostly stock motor that sits a lot lower than the current one so i can close my hood. I went the minitruck route with my 4runner and built a full chassis and did the xrunner oil pan but the motor is still to tall....i am not to concerned with HP gains as much as i am just being able to close my hood on a running motor
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #224
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait 2 see the next intake. I'm goin 2 the tuner Saturday so ill be able 2 let y'all know how it does
Old 08-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #226
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya dont really have much left of the sts kit haha
Old 08-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #227
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e10pvmt View Post
Not to get off topic or anything...but just to clarify the 4runner engine does not sit any differently in the 4runner than it does in the tacoma...its the sheetmetal and the slope of the hood on the 4runner that brings it closer to the hood...i currently have an 03 4runner and a 2012 Tacoma and they sit the same in the frames....i am having intake issue but of a completely different kind. I need an intake manifold for a mostly stock motor that sits a lot lower than the current one so i can close my hood. I went the minitruck route with my 4runner and built a full chassis and did the xrunner oil pan but the motor is still to tall....i am not to concerned with HP gains as much as i am just being able to close my hood on a running motor
Would you mind posting a picture of your engine?

Thanks,

Greg
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #228
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly do you need to see from my engine?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #229

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Everything lol I want 2 see it 2
Old 08-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #230
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
but like the engine or the whole build? Just so you know its not what your expecting if your into lifted trucks. Its a full chassis built on a supra IRS and a pre tacoma 2wd IFS, full air ride and 22" billet wheels. I'm keeping it under wraps until i get it off jackstands but can post pics of the engine bay if you want
Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #231

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes please. I'm into everything. I do alot of custom work at my shop so I love all that is custom
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #232
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
ok, it will have to wait until tomorrow when i can get the pics off my phone onto the computer
Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #233
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
ok, it will have to wait until tomorrow when i can get the pics off my phone onto the computer
Old 08-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #234
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e10pvmt View Post
What exactly do you need to see from my engine?
No problem. It's ok if you don't want to.

Here's my engine with modified intake manifold tunners. Just got it running yesterday...

Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #235

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376572558.510817.jpg here's mine it wasnt totally done in that pic but close enough
Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #236
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Looks totally badass!

Greg
Old 08-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #237
e10pvmt's Tacoma Gallery
i love the gr manifold but i am concerned it sticks up to high. I have 3.25" from the front corner of the valve covers to the underside of the hood. And that would be modifying some of the bracing. I am having a new oil fill tube made also since that was too tall
Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #238

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Update intake manifold is for sale need money for front mount turbo