Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Yes but does it have OnStar?
Yes
Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #23
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #25
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
That design would far more effective if the runners had a bellmouth on the entry point rather than a sharp edge, it will make a HUGE difference. Also as you most likely know changing the length of the runners will effect the powerband quite a bit. Or did you do this already? I didnt se pics of the runners in the completed manifold, if so your leaving a lot of power on the table!
Imagine making a setup that had interchangeable stacks in different lengths to tailor the power point by making them removable.

Just a thought, but I like the idea.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whats a "bellmouth"?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #28
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
People are going to think they can bolt this on their stock truck and go without tuning or anything. Is this going to be true?
I'm people and I wouldn't think that. If you're putting something like this on your truck I would think you'd do your homework. Even if you can, I would think that your ECU would become a large limiting factor in how fast you can go, so why would you want to?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
That design would far more effective if the runners had a bellmouth on the entry point rather than a sharp edge, it will make a HUGE difference. Also as you most likely know changing the length of the runners will effect the powerband quite a bit. Or did you do this already? I didnt se pics of the runners in the completed manifold, if so your leaving a lot of power on the table!
Imagine making a setup that had interchangeable stacks in different lengths to tailor the power point by making them removable.

Just a thought, but I like the idea.
x2
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #33
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I'm people and I wouldn't think that. If you're putting something like this on your truck I would think you'd do your homework. Even if you can, I would think that your ECU would become a large limiting factor in how fast you can go, so why would you want to?
There are still people on here that think throttle body spacers and higher octane fuel make their truck faster.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Ever tried race gas?
x2

lol
Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #37
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Ever tried race gas?
Yes. C12 in my RX7. The ECU had no idea what to do with it.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #39
Banned
Quote:
Well ours does. 236 bhp with 87 and 239 with 91. Small power change but there was still a power increase with the factory tune.
Are you basing this off of what someone wrote on Wiki or actual dyno runs?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #40
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see the Dyno results 4 months from now....