Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 09-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #41
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I guess it should be mentioned that you cannot simply bolt this guy onto your engine and run the stock ECU.

Too bad it doesn't look like this:

LOL! At 5k for a manifold.
How can u compare a ls7 intake.manifold vs a 1gr. Lol

that design on that ls7 intake manifold look wack.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
LOL! At 5k for a manifold.
How can u compare a ls7 intake.manifold vs a 1gr. Lol

that design on that ls7 intake manifold look wack.

No comparison was made so put your bank statement away. I simply said too bad it doesn't look like this.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, looks can be deceiving....

perhaps a re-read of Christians post may net his thoughts on the posting...
Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you basing this off of what someone wrote on Wiki or actual dyno runs?
Actual dynos. He has been on the dyno TONS of times. http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48028

Read it if you don't believe me.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you basing this off of what someone wrote on Wiki or actual dyno runs?
No, that's your job - the Wikipedia part.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #46
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Actual dynos. He has been on the dyno TONS of times. http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48028

I was hoping someone would bring this up, Robert knows what he is talking about.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #47
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post

I see a sweet build but no 87 vs 91 on stock truck.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I see a sweet build but no 87 vs 91 on stock truck.

Wheres all this "fine tuned" power too?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #49
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=whippersnapper02;5699646]

rabble rabble rabble.....
Old 09-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #52
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
Lol. Kuz ur a broke ass kid.
Dont hate kuz u live off mommy and daddy and cant mod ur wack ass truck.
Plz shut ur.mouth about ur fake fd u never owned. Lol

We talking about tacoma here. Not no other import cars.

Take ur wack ass advice else where.
Congrats - You have clearly blown WAY past the line.
Lets just sit quietly and relax for a few minutes....All this e-johnson comparing doesn't matter until dyno pulls get done and picking fights in the meantime isn't gunna fly..
Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #53
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Bonus points for talking like a 14 year old while e-thugging though
Old 09-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #54
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
It comes from toyota. Look at a fj stock power numbers and compare it with the tacomas. Or how about you read the trucks manual.
My manual does say anything. 87 or higher is all it says. It did say 91 for better performance before though. Why would Toyota remove it?

If I remember correctly the FJ made the same power as the Taco but premium fuel was recommended because of emissions issues.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #55
Banned
Did I miss some e leakage between someone's legs?
Old 09-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #56
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did I miss some e leakage between someone's legs?
Sandstorm
Old 09-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #57
Banned
Just for the record, here is my "fake" FD that I used to own. My "fake" Ranger is in the background of this "fake" picture in front of my "fake " house in the "fake" neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #58
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
I can't wait to see the Dyno results 4 months from now....
Not sure on the exact time frame that the dyno will be don for the N/A manifold, but it will be relatively soon.

The one for the F/I will be before the month's end.

Quote:
My manual does say anything. 87 or higher is all it says. It did say 91 for better performance before though. Why would Toyota remove it?

If I remember correctly the FJ made the same power as the Taco but premium fuel was recommended because of emissions issues.
I read the output numbers recently. Not sure where? It might have even been posted in the Performance section? Kind of under the weather right now. Either way, the timing gets bumped up by the ECU on the higher octane. Just a tad and just enough to pick up a little more power. Nothing special, but true. What really is interesting, is that the '03-'04 1GR made more HP and TQ. About 10hp and 20tq.

If it weren't such a pita, it would be worth swapping some heads.

Also, these are just the first designs. I am quite positive, that if these do well, the desire to make refinements will be there. If we don't have the desire to test things out, at all, how can we progress forward from where we are?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #59
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just for the record, here is my "fake" FD that I used to own. My Ranger is in the background.

I wouldn't really pick a car fight with Toon. His turbo build is impressive enough not to mention he has a s14 with a sr20 swap just for a DD.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Not sure on the exact time frame that the dyno .

oddly enough, this does feel very familiar to a......Spacer thread...