Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #81
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Nice cars but lousy owner.
lol.
dont be

wheres ur friends 4000hp veyron?
i wanna see pics of that.... lol
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #82
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
This thread will go down a darkened path that will net a lock...
Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #83
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00goobs View Post
Hello, thanks for the interest. Really, manifolds and welding are a passionate hobby. I have sleep issues, so I enjoy modding/fabbing parts, tuning and more modifying.

Realistically, the benefactors of these manifolds are turbo and/or high rpm power people. I can't say that I can guarantee a big or any increase of hp, but making the intake path more efficient is behind all my designs. I needed to keep the overall height down and runner length reasonable for the NA truck it is intended for. The turbo version will have 2-3" shorter runner length. Having the bend in the interior helps with length and I was supposed to form velocity stacks at the ends. Having the runners away from eachother also helps reduce turbulence from the flow and reverse flow of the intake. I am still making the tooling for the velocity stacks, but wanted to finish this guy up to test on the NA 4 Runner. The shorter runner length, consistent runner diameter will provide for a more efficient intake. Aluminum for the capability for higher boost, direct port nitrous apps and customizable for crazy Tacoma guys...

I can do a simple static pressure test as a side by side comparison. I'll work on that tonight...
looking forward to the bad ass intake manifold gabe!!
u got some mad skills behind welding sir.
also thank you for taking the task to make a 1gr intake manifold.

i cant wait to get mine!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #84
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
I have a 3 rotor FD in my garage. One day I'll get it on the road, hehehe...
A 20B swap was my dream but the car had to go. I do miss it a lot. If I were to get another I would probably drop an LS engine in there. Rotaries are badass but you need some serious coin to rebuild them when they go.

Anyway good luck with the manifold. It is a work of art.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #85
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A 20B swap was my dream but the car had to go. I do miss it a lot. If I were to get another I would probably drop an LS engine in there. Rotaries are badass but you need some serious coin to rebuild them when they go.

Anyway good luck with the manifold. It is a work of art.
Braaaaaaaap
Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #86
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Braaaaaaaap
You can take that to the bank.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #87
00goobs is on a distinguished road
Name: Gabe
00goobs's Tacoma Gallery
Woohoo, my intake doesn't suck (performance wise). It also seems to have no benefit either. Because I am using the stock sized runners, the restriction is the size of the flange and lower plenum. With the lower intake, both top intakes flowed 230 +/- 5% cfm per runner. Same results without the lower as is expected from the size of the flange I used. The neck/taper from the 2" pipe to the stock flange is where the bottle neck is and explains the flow bench results. I didn't need him to write it out for me, so no prints to scan. It flowed 72% capacity of his flow bench which he said is comparable to older performance intakes and some of the newer LSx stock intakes. So, in theory you could do the math to figure out the capability of the stock intake HP wise and calculate the need for a ported/custom intake set up.

Normally, I weld and port the flanges and leave the head work to the owner, so the bottleneck would be at the head. Because of the lower intake and the way it attaches to the head, I only made the top section.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #88
00goobs's Tacoma Gallery
The flanges I had made are 2mm bigger around the area of the port, but I welded them and port matched them to the stock lower intake manifold to keep them uniformed.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #89
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With the lower intake, both top intakes flowed 230 +/- 5% cfm per runner.
Would be interesting to check a stock intake and compare it to the total flow requirements of the manifold running all 6. Of course it wouldn't be 230*6, but it would be more than 230... I'd think the total flow requirement of the engine running at max intake capacity would be around 500.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #90
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Woohoo, my intake doesn't suck (performance wise). It also seems to have no benefit either. Because I am using the stock sized runners, the restriction is the size of the flange and lower plenum. With the lower intake, both top intakes flowed 230 +/- 5% cfm per runner. Same results without the lower as is expected from the size of the flange I used. The neck/taper from the 2" pipe to the stock flange is where the bottle neck is and explains the flow bench results. I didn't need him to write it out for me, so no prints to scan. It flowed 72% capacity of his flow bench which he said is comparable to older performance intakes and some of the newer LSx stock intakes. So, in theory you could do the math to figure out the capability of the stock intake HP wise and calculate the need for a ported/custom intake set up.

Normally, I weld and port the flanges and leave the head work to the owner, so the bottleneck would be at the head. Because of the lower intake and the way it attaches to the head, I only made the top section.
So what's next?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #91
00goobs's Tacoma Gallery
I'm making one more with shorter runners and velocity stacks. The NA truck is going to dyno both and stock and tune accordingly. I may port the stock lower intake and NOT fill the gap on my flanges to increase the cross section of the entire runner. I'm all about doing a bit of work to get results.

Also, these were individual runner measurements. Just for a little FYI, a friend's $4k heads on a stroked 347 Ford with 2.2" valves flow 330cfm at max lift. There may not even be a bottleneck at the intake on the 1GR... The dyno will tell if the runner length makes the difference. Then, the ported intake vs. the stock and first run intake at the dyno will show if it's worth having...

I've made intakes for lesser cars, so this would be nice to see the difference on NA, turbo crazy guy's taco and hopefully the 2rz I intaked and tuned...
Attached Thumbnails
1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1347945021.669702.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #92
TRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 136th ESB
TRfknD's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI...Gabe is still working on the intake manifolds for the 1GR-FE motors. I was able to take my 2rz Turbo Tacoma to the dyno in the mean time. Gabe wired and tuned the megasquirt and custom made the intake manifold. First two pulls were done at 15psi and 3rd pull was done at 17psi. I like the results!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #94
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfknD View Post

holy shit
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #95
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
jinkies!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #96
TRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRfknD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TRfknD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Those are some damn good numbers coming out of that 2rz! Turbo FTW!

Gabe and I were discussing some ways to greatly improve upon the original design, for the 1GR. I should have my spare engine up and running soon, so he will have it in the engine bay, to make things easier.

Cool bro! I would love to see your 1GR-FE run on the 1/4 mile. Gabe is already discussing how we can hit the 500hp mark! lol

Can't wait to see yours run!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #98
TRfknD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
On your engine, 500 is nothing for it. What kind and size turbo are you running?
Running the Garrett 60-1 t3/t4 w/ a/r .63
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #100
TRfknD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Can't wait for the intake manifold on my truck! With numbers like that in a truck that small it must move along real nice.
It moves a bit quicker...lol