Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1GR-FE ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #161
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't say you did. It's all good
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #162
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i think most folks were asking for numbers based off this post...
Well, I do have a bit of good news. My truck is driveable again.....kind of. I have to drop it off at PowerFab to get a few things modded on the frame and welded to the axle. Either way though, it is time to dyno in its N/A form. So if Gabe has a spare manifold available that is NOT the one used for mock-up, then I can test both. I will ask him and see what he says.

How's that sound?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #163
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Well, I do have a bit of good news. My truck is driveable again.....kind of. I have to drop it off at PowerFab to get a few things modded on the frame and welded to the axle. Either way though, it is time to dyno in its N/A form. So if Gabe has a spare manifold available that is NOT the one used for mock-up, then I can test both. I will ask him and see what he says.

How's that sound?

Tor you're getting me Excited!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #167
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
One thing that I want to mention, and I don't know why I never did before, is this. So I apologize for that.

To bring things back into perspective. The reason that I went to Gabe to create this manifold in the first place, as well as for its primary function, was to make a strong intake manifold which would handle the constant high boost pressures which I will be running. Not knowing the limits of the factory plastic manifold, and not wanting to find out while driving, that is where this came from.

Secondary benefits would be added HP and TQ.

I don't know how I became side tracked and forgot to mention that, but I just wanted to make that clear. I was actually reminded just a littke ago while talking with his close friend, my co-worker. He introduced me to Gabe, and was there when I gave all of the necessary parts to him for mock-up/construction.

Nevertheless, the dynos will be happening soon. On a model that is very similar to the one which DoubllD has right now. That specific design is for a boosted application. Gabe has a different style which will be for N/A, but has not yet made one.

A little back story about the manifold that DoubllD has: When Gabe first brought it over to test fit, it was supposed to be test fit on Toon714's truck. Unfortunately though, his truck was being tuned by Chris Delgado from D3. Well Lucario Runner was also at my house since he came down to check it out as well. So we test fit it on his instead. Immediately we noticed that the hood wouldn't close. So Gabe went back and threw one together that to test fitment on Lucario Runner's 4Runner. That was simply a rush and test manifold. Not actually optimized for strength or performance.

The theory of performance gained was realized when they did a test drive, though. As the AFRs were lean. Which meant much more air. Soon after that, Toon moved to Cali, and my truck still wasn't operable. So we didn't have anyone close to test out the first constructed manifold on. And it was put on the back burner.

Fast forward to the beginning of March, and DoubllD has it installed on his truck and it fits properly, with out any modification to the height of the manifold. That means that effectively, the 1GR in the 4Runner sits higher than in the PreRunner/4x4.

Had we had the ability to test fit it on mine or Toon's, these would have progressed much more quickly.

400 more miles to go to break in my clutch, and as soon as Gabe is finished with the next one, it will be dyno time.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #168
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One thing that I want to mention, and I don't know why I never did before, is this. So I apologize for that.

To bring things back into perspective. The reason that I went to Gabe to create this manifold in the first place, as well as for its primary function, was to make a strong intake manifold which would handle the constant high boost pressures which I will be running. Not knowing the limits of the factory plastic manifold, and not wanting to find out while driving, that is where this came from.

I don't know how I became side tracked and forgot to mention that, but I just wanted to make that clear. I was actually reminded just a littke ago while talking with his close friend, my co-worker. He introduced me to Gabe, and was there when I gave all of the necessary parts to him for mock-up/construction.

Nevertheless, the dynos will be happening soon. On a model that is very similar to the one which DoubllD has right now. That specific design is for a boosted application. Gabe has a different style which will be for N/A, but has not yet made one.

A little back story about the manifold that DoubllD has: When Gabe first brought it over to test fit, it was supposed to be test fit on Toon714's truck. Unfortunately though, his truck was being tuned by Chris Delgado from D3. Well Lucario Runner was also at my house since he came down to check it out as well. So we test fit it on his instead. Immediately we noticed that the hood wouldn't close. So Gabe went back and threw one together that to test fitment on Lucario Runner's 4Runner. That was simply a rush and test manifold. Not actually optimized for strength or performance.

The theory of performance gained was realized when they did a test drive, though. As the AFRs were lean. Which meant much more air. Soon after that, Toon moved to Cali, and my truck still wasn't operable. So we didn't have anyone close to test out the first constructed manifold on. And it was put on the back burner.

Fast forward to the beginning of March, and DoubllD has it installed on his truck and it fits properly, with out any modification to the height of the manifold. That means that effectively, the 1GR in the 4Runner sits higher than in the PreRunner/4x4.

Had we had the ability to test fit it on mine or Toon's, these would have progressed much more quickly.

400 more miles to go to break in my clutch, and as soon as Gabe is finished with the next one, it will be dyno time.
Ya. I hate so cal now
Because it delayed this manifold from being made.
I wish i didnt have to move around this time that this was being made....
But it should be made soon.

And i cant wait!!
Once its on my truck. It will be dyno with before and after with the turbo.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #169
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Good glad 2 hear progress is bein made. I should have my turbo installed and all the other mods that come with that around the end of April
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #170
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Good glad 2 hear progress is bein made. I should have my turbo installed and all the other mods that come with that around the end of April
Whos building ur turbo setup?
Front,rear, or mid?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #171

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Sts rear mount. I work at a fab/repair shop so we are gonna tweak the system to get everything out of it
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #172
Kuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really nice

EMS: Emt-I
Name: Ian
Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thank you for the update. I appreciate the info as well. good luck with the testing, we are looking forward to it.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #175
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Sts rear mount. I work at a fab/repair shop so we are gonna tweak the system to get everything out of it
I'm interested in how well this will do down the road for you. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on STS but if I do go the turbo route in the future going custom might be too expensive for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #176
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I know a guy that can fix that...
Sounds like a pretty swell guy. Edit: Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I'm interested in how well this will do down the road for you. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on STS but if I do go the turbo route in the future going custom might be too expensive for me.
I have been there and done that. With the right work, a rear mount can be a very good system. Xroller has one right now, and it is doing pretty well for him. Just needs proper attention to detail. Which the guys at STS overlook.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #177
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like a pretty swell guy. Edit: Thank you.

I have been there and done that. With the right work, a rear mount can be a very good system. Xroller has one right now, and it is doing pretty well for him. Just needs proper attention to detail. Which the guys at STS overlook.
Something I still need to learn how to do. Haha. But with off-roading I don't think a rear mount would be optimal.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #178

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't offroad so lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #179
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
In regards to an N/A application, how soon can we expect a price and dyno results compared to stock?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #180
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Last I heard from the fabricator, is that he was waiting on some material to come in. My truck is getting some final touches to be able to drive again. Then all I have to do is setup a dyno day. But I want to do the dyno day for both, on the same day. Just to keep things as similar as possible.

I will try to get a hold of him today, and I will update as soon as I hear something.