Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Gas mileage w/ exhaust

Old 01-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my exhaust (Flowmaster dual 50 kit) on for about 2 months now and I can't make any determinations about gas mileage. About a month before I installed it, my MPG dropped to 15-16mpg and I'm pretty sure it's because of the winter gas. It's been like that all winter. All summer last year I was getting 18-19mpg. So I'm hoping when spring/summer comes, it'll atleast get back up to what I was getting last year (or better). We'll see....
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
About 1-2mpg.
which exhaust?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
which exhaust?
edit up top.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
ok another question? the flowmaster american thunder kit on autoanything.com is a duel side exhaust but i do not know what series it is can anyone help me out? is it 40 or 50 and which is louder? anyone have that same exhaust and how do u like it?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
ok another question? the flowmaster american thunder kit on autoanything.com is a duel side exhaust but i do not know what series it is can anyone help me out? is it 40 or 50 and which is louder? anyone have that same exhaust and how do u like it?

I believe it's a 50 series and that is quieter than the 40 series.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post

Do you know the model number?
I have the #17432 which is dual side exits. It's 50 series.

I ordered mine here. I looked up both prices and this place is $30 cheaper than Autoanything and also has free shipping.
http://www.wundercarparts.com/search...FQNfFQodbQxz5w

The 50 series is quieter than the 40 (from what I've read).
Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD exhaust system installed. It is difficult to tell what all has changed about my truck and the intake system but from what I can tell I was running about 18.5 mpg prior to the exhaust. Post exhaust I am running about 19.7 mpg.
About the same driving conditions nothing really changed there.