Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cheap and simple horsepower gains for 01 Tacoma???

Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap and simple horsepower gains for 01 Tacoma???

I was wondering if there's a place on here that shows some simple horsepower gains that I can do on my 01 taco 3.4l just to numb it up a oil also how hard is it to install a supercharger off a same year motor on to mine? Thanks for any info
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Tenax is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
Deck plate mod. In the DIY section. Up to about 7 hp gain
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The SC install is supper easy I installed mine in about 2 hours. For HP that's your best option with the 3.4
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenax View Post
I can't seem to find this thread can u help me out?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #5

Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01kingtaco View Post
I can't seem to find this thread can u help me out?
http://home.ezonline.net/%7Ejnburtman/deckplate.html

There ya go
Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
7 HP?????
Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
cheap and horsepower dont belong in the same sentence. you can spend upwards of $1000 for a cold air intake, headers and exhaust and still not make that much of a noticable hp gain. a supercharger or turbo setup will be pretty much the only thing that is going to make you smile every time you mash the throttle
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #8

Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
7 HP?????
So I've read..and I said up to have i tested that myself on a Dino? No.. Have I done the mod and like the result? Yes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
trade it for a 2nd gen
Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks this helped a lot I'm doing it soon as I find a deck plate on Maui witch isn't always the esayest but u said any marine store should have them so hope I have some luck one question though the bigger u make the hole in ur air box that means more flow witch could mean even better result?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #11

Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
Most people seem to do the 4 inch deckplate. Some have done 6 inch. Haven' t anything to really say 6 would be better than 4. Lots avalable on eBay. Make sure you get a high air flow filter, too. I use the afe dry pro.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Most people seem to do the 4 inch deckplate. Some have done 6 inch. Haven' t anything to really say 6 would be better than 4. Lots avalable on eBay. Make sure you get a high air flow filter, too. I use the afe dry pro.
I just finished installing the deck plate on my truck a 4 inch and I LOVE IT!!! The sound is awesome and it looks professional as well nd a notice a mid to high throttle increase in power witch is sweet! The only thing is I still have the stock air filter in it so u think It's worth it to put in a high flow k&n or something like that? I spent a totAl of 11 bucks on the hole thing btw. Ns I wana do some mOre mods like this now what else is there besides this and the isr mod witch I don't wana do really for the fact of not having PVC caps available.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #13

Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you! Yeah, I love that mod. I think it's worth it to get a high flow filter to take advantage of all that extra air you are bringing in. Whatever filter you get, just make sure it's not an oil filter.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Good for you! Yeah, I love that mod. I think it's worth it to get a high flow filter to take advantage of all that extra air you are bringing in. Whatever filter you get, just make sure it's not an oil filter.
So u got the afe pro dry And u seem to like that? Where u get urs from?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #15

Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
I did. Amazon.com. There's one part number difference between the dry and oil version. Oil version has a blue frame, dry has grey as i recall.Just make sure u check description.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The sell it for a sports car mod.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #17

Ok thanks any other things I can do like this to add a little low end torque???
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
TimPall13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
TimPall13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone! I have a question about the Deck Plate Mod. I went and picked up a 6" plate today and before putting it in i wanted to know if people find 6" or 4" plates better? I havent heard to much about 6" plates but a lot about 4". What do you guys think?
Tim
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #19

I did a 4 because it was easy to get to a 6 is pretty big and might not fit on the front of the air box but maybe it does not sure only thing to do is try it I noticed a lil gain in high end horsepower.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #20
TimPall13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
TimPall13's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks! Yah ill have to measure before I cut. Ill have to let you know how the 6" goes.