Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD CAI Sound Clip

Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
TRD CAI Sound Clip

Anybody have one on their V6 that they have a clip of? Interested to hear the sound.

Also does the secondary air filter removal have much of a hp increase?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this too...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
would a cai really make that much of a difference in noise? didn't on my last truck.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
bump?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
would a cai really make that much of a difference in noise? didn't on my last truck.
Aftermarket intakes tend to increase the in cab sound.

WARNING: Very agressive growl may be experienced after installation of above said products

Just a side note, URD claims not as much in cab noise due to placement of filter...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
I put an A+E stage 2 CAI on my tacoma, but I also installed a magnaflow cat back exhaust at the same time. Huge noise differences. I loved it. However I don't know exactly which one is making the noise if you know what I mean. At really high RPM's (4500+) it screams! The sound resignates in the cab, which I like, but it could still be the exhaust doing that as well. LIke a rumble so to speak. My CAI box is open, just a heat shield wall, not inside of a box. My buddy has his inside of a box with the same magnaflow exhaust, and he doesn't quite achieve this sound. It took me a while to like it, but now i love that sound.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Yes, alot. I've got the Injen short Rqam Intake which doesn't even have a heatshield or box so it is very loud. My whistles alot at mid to hi rpm's. I would say my intake is much louder than my flomaster exhaust.