Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

LS3 AWD Swap!! pics and dyno video

Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
jlee541 is on a distinguished road
Name: john
jlee541's Tacoma Gallery
LS3 AWD Swap!! pics and dyno video

Not mine but thought you guys would enjoy. LS3 in 04 Xtra Cab.
Its a brand new GM crate motor, TR6060 6 speed trans and modified 146 AWD transfer case.
As well as 2010+ Camaro gauges, HUD, auxiliary gauges, and steering wheel. It will be getting a custom fiberglass dash.

And a dyno video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...yer_detailpage
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
yep, i know what ill be doing to mine once the engine goes or i get tired of it..lol
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Twistinemup307 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
Twistinemup307's Tacoma Gallery
BAD ASS!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
sandman29306 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
sandman29306's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if a shop or an individual did this installation?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus Christ!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing! please tell me your pulling the tiny Toy axles?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Amazing! please tell me your pulling the tiny Toy axles?
This. I would think the entire drivetrain would need to be swapped to keep from snapping shit.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Where is this located
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
jlee541 is on a distinguished road
Name: john
jlee541's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I did all the work at my shop in Atlanta. Owner lives in Florida.
As for the front diff and rear axle they will get changed (prob when they break LOL) But first thing needed is a trac bar of some sort. That rear u-joints hatin life right now!!

Before the trans was sent off to get modified and the Spec 3+ clutch that I used

Heres where I had to notch the oil pan to clear the front diff. This swap would not have been possible had the truck not had the Fabtech front lift kit. Also had to use a Canton remote filter adaptor.

Modified pump assembly. Bosch 044 and I put in an Autometer 240-33 ohm sending unit to work with the Camaro gauge. Which turned out I had to put a series of diodes and resistor in to get the LS3 ECM to read it properly. Camaros have two senders in the saddle tank. That took quite a bit of testing to make work. But the dash now gives instant mpgs and miles to empty WOHOO!!

Gas pedal mount. This was a task in itself as the e-brake mechanism was all in the way. Had to modify this mount a few times to get the pedal in the right spot.

Headers (before ceramic coating)

Trying to get a good angle of how tight this is in the truck

And this is how tight the front is. I used the stock radiator, made an aluminum plate with two 9" and one 16" fan. Running off LS3 ecm I programmed them to come on in series. Absoutely zero overheating problems. , the big fan cycles between 187 and 181 for about 20 seconds.

Used all 08+ Corvette accessories as they are the tightest to the block and had to put a little bit narrower battery to clear the alternator. Also had to notch the frame on the pass side for the ac compressor and hoses.

Full Dual 3" exhaust into a Magnaflow x-pipe muffler with turndowns YEEHAW!! Actually it isnt redneck loud, sounds awesome and absolutely no fumes or anything inside the cab.

This is what controls the transfer case, out of an Astrovan Its basically an on demand AWD and with a switch I can send 6-8 volts to the encoder motor to force it into AWD. Or disconnect the power and the ADD for 2wd operation.

Owner took the truck back to FL today and hopefully get some pics of the finished interior/dash soon.
Also, hes gonna do some sort of hood scoop(s). Why I built the intake that way.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Nice work. Like to see more
Old 10-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
that is freaking awesome

too bad the rest of the truck is, well.... uh...uh...uh... undesirable.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
how much hp did it threw?