Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AirRaid Cold Air Intake for 2012 V6

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
battlezone is on a distinguished road
battlezone's Tacoma Gallery
AirRaid Cold Air Intake for 2012 V6

Alright so i have read numerous threads that seem to go back and forth about whether aftermarket CAI are actually better than the stock (which apparently is a CAI). Is there any MPG, Horsepower, or Torque gain? Everyone I have spoken to in person says CAI does increase those things, but everything I read says they don't, could someone please shine a light on this.

I am thinking about getting this:

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A1846A0A0.aspx
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That link doesnt work.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlezone View Post
Alright so i have read numerous threads that seem to go back and forth about whether aftermarket CAI are actually better than the stock (which apparently is a CAI). Is there any MPG, Horsepower, or Torque gain? Everyone I have spoken to in person says CAI does increase those things, but everything I read says they don't, could someone please shine a light on this.

I am thinking about getting this:

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A1846A0A0.aspx
MPG, no

HP, minimal if any in a stock ( stock engine bolt on)

Torque, no

Sound of an F-1 race car...YEEEEEES!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
i fixed it now, try again. If it doesn't increase it then why do i read that it does like everywhere else?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You will get some top end power but how often are you at 6000RPM?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
rarely to be honest, maybe more when i start towing things later on
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i fixed it now, try again. If it doesn't increase it then why do i read that it does like everywhere else?
Honestly its just personal preference and people are going to say what they want to say whether its true or not. I have a TRD CAI and I really like it and I feel it gives better throttle response but dont think it helped in saving fuel.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
im mostly looking for sound awesomeness, and somewhat better performance overall.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Well get it if you like but it will be mostly noise. I ditched my old style TRD(same as Airaid) because it would get annoying when I simply wanted to pass a car.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
im mostly looking for sound awesomeness, and somewhat better performance overall.
Your only really going to be able to hear it when you step on the gas. If you want sound all around I'd say get an exhaust.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
I'm already getting the flowmaster dual exhaust. I was looking to get that in tandem with a CAI for good sound and somewhat better all around performance.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Well you will get the super cool brotastic gnar sound you are looking for.

http://static.photobucket.com/player...-43-18_682.mp4
Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Banned
Cholemaster exhausts reduce performance and they sound like junk.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Cholemaster exhausts reduce performance and they sound like junk.
I think that's a personal preference lol I've heard many, and I like a good ole rumble. Nothing insane but I've always wanted a little rumble to sound really aggressive.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
I think that's a personal preference lol I've heard many, and I like a good ole rumble. Nothing insane but I've always wanted a little rumble to sound really aggressive.
TRD could have done that without the power loss.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I'm already getting the flowmaster dual exhaust. I was looking to get that in tandem with a CAI for good sound and somewhat better all around performance.
Thats what I have on my truck and I like the combination of my flowmaster and TRD CAI.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Like others said, just better throttle response and top end. I have the TRD and it kinda makes the engine bay look less uncluttered. I also have the URD maf cal for WOT applications but with today's gas prices, that does not happen very often.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Well from what I've heard flowmasters just don't sound good with a V6, and that magnaflow is a lot a better for a v6 tacoma
Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well from what I've heard flowmasters just don't sound good with a V6, and that magnaflow is a lot a better for a v6 tacoma
You'd be better off with a dynomax super turbo if you're going with magnaflow.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
For the cold air? Do they even have one that fits a 2012 tacoma?

Products Discussed in this Thread