Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need Tacoma Men for Answers (Ladies Welcome too!)

Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Silverstarwing is on a distinguished road
Silverstarwing's Tacoma Gallery
Need Tacoma Men for Answers (Ladies Welcome too!)

I just joined the forums after 6 years. What was I thinking!?

My 06 Tacoma just hit 80K. Only major service I have done was the 30K. Had break pads done a few years back. She's still going strong and havent noticed any engine problems.

Should I get her a 90K tune up seeing as I skipped the 60K?

My brother is a mechanic in another state (still a newb) and recommend I do my 90K. But I thought I'd ask other Tacoma owners what their experiences have been .

Thx!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stick with the service manual and do your 90k service of whatever it consists of since you skipped your 60K service. Shouldnt be much difference from the 30K service if I'm not mistaken? Are you doing the service yourself?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
tommyc is on a distinguished road
Name: tommy
tommyc's Tacoma Gallery
I would go right to the 90,
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I'd stick with the service manual and do your 90k service of whatever it consists of since you skipped your 60K service. Shouldnt be much difference from the 30K service if I'm not mistaken? Are you doing the service yourself?
ooohhh...I'd steer clear of asking questions...apparently you're "creepy" if you do...lol

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...oma-owner.html
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
ooohhh...I'd steer clear of asking questions...apparently you're "creepy" if you do...lol

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...oma-owner.html
Haha yeah I've heard of this before from other members.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha yeah I've heard of this before from other members.
yeah, apparently they forgot a rule in the TW handbook... "Don't ever ask anyone their gender...EVAR!!!"
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, apparently they forgot a rule in the TW handbook... "Don't ever ask anyone their gender...EVAR!!!"
It's not a dating website
Old 10-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
It's not a dating website
no fuckin way?
Old 10-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no fuckin way?
you just don't know when to stop do you?
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
you just don't know when to stop do you?
REALLY fuckin boring day at work...sorry guys...I must have been possessed by whippersnapper...
Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'd highly suggest unpossessing yourself
Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Haha i didnt ask gender.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Haha i didnt ask gender.

Back in the AOL days of A/S/L, eh?

Lololol
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

Lololol
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

Lololol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Hahaha....I remember those good old days!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
You could do like me and just wait till 160,000 to do it all, lol. Actually i did plugs and wires at 120,000 but that was only because a plug fouled on me. Oh and fuel filter also then. Then diffs and transfer case at 160,000. Transmission is proly due.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
spark plugs, coolant flush, that's about it. depending on how you use your truck, your tranny and diff intervals are different from everyone else's... and you definitely should've had your trans and diff done a few times by now. 90k is really nothing major.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
I'm just here for the info...I already have friends.

hmmmmmmmmm