Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What are your opinions about engine building 3RZ

Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Dick4x4 is on a distinguished road

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What are your opinions about engine building 3RZ

Hi folks,

I have builded few engines in my life (with very good result) but always with the phylosophy to put the more "bang for my buck" components.

I feel to do it a different way this time. Even if I still want to have good performance for my money, I want to work more with how the engine is designed to work. The build is for a 3RZ.

The engine is made to be more a torq powerplant than a high rev machine with high hp from the factory. I don't say you can't change it with the proper modifications but from the beginning it's a torquer.

So here is my question, how you feel about the goal of building an engine? Would you continu to work in the sense the engine it's made or you would work to compensate the needs.

Example, shorts and big bore intake runners are better for creating hps at higer rpm, longer and tighter runner are better for low end torq. The choice of the camshaft, headers design... All theses small decisions will change the engine behaviors when all put togheter.

Feel free to tell me your opinions.

Thanks