Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Tundra 3.4 v6 engine questions

Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Backwoods legit, don't take no shit!
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Firefighter: Stokes Vol. Fire Department, Station 23
Name: Paul
BackwoodsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra 3.4 v6 engine questions

A few months ago I messed up the engine in my taco and I found a good deal on a engine out of a tundra and I just wanted to know if there would be anything that I would need to be awear of before I buy it. my truck is a 01 taco and the tundra is an 04
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I have done a couple of Japanese pull-out swaps, and generally only the external plumbing varies, and possibly some wiring harnesses. Since it is the same engine you should be fine, just don't tear up your original hoses and wiring.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Ok thanks man. So the wire harness is the only differance?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I am just guessing based on my experience with Japanese pull-out motors (crate motors that get removed from salvaged cars in Japan and sent over here to be sold as replacements).

I am assuming that the core motor is the same, but that some of the items attached to the motor to connect it to surrounding engine bay items may be slightly different. That could include the wiring and any vacuum or fluid plumbing. For instance, the radiator hoses might have a different shape on the Tundra, but they still connect to the same spot on the motor. You might also need your Tacoma oil pan, those can be slightly different as well.

If you have all of these items from your current vehicle, you should be fine, you just might have to mix and match things to get it to work.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #5

Ok thanks. The engine I'm getting comes with everything but the starter and trans.