Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

louder and faster

Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
louder and faster

im looking to make my 2006 4.0v6 louder and maybe bring up the HP slightly if i can... my truck came with a set of magnaflow dual tips... its a nice come up over stock but my previous car was a v8 '67 mustang with flow masters loud as hell... all i want is to be louder than i am now... any suggestions are appreciated
Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
anyone? is there any muffler i could just swap with the magnaflow i have now and it will sound louder and rumblyer?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
If you want louder with more power, get Doug thorley headers and urd y-pipe.

www.urdusa.com
Old 11-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
6speedcoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Riley
6speedcoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like my aero turbine, look up some sound clips.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
[QUOTE=Detective_Dan;5929446]If you want louder with more power, get Doug thorley headers and urd y-pipe.

www.urdusa.com[/QUOTE]

that would be awesome but so expensive lol... i've been told to make sure its double chamber not single? supposedly its better, is that right?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedcoma View Post
I like my aero turbine, look up some sound clips.
i have heard great things about those; which one did you go with? and what would u suggest thats loud and gives me good low end torque?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
6speedcoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Riley
6speedcoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2525 non resonated. Didnt expect any performance gain, just like the throaty sound of it. Sounds mean when you get on it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
ooo ok that seems to be the choice for most on that brand... since its non resonated how is the sound in the cab?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Anyone have anything to say about the flowmaster super 10? Is it nice and throaty?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=bradicus8;5929462]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post

www.urdusa.com[/QUOTE]

that would be awesome but so expensive lol...
Yes it is semi expensive but you are not going to get any horsepower out of just a muffler. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Headers, full exhaust, and cold air intake might get you about 15 ponies.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
[QUOTE=Detective_Dan;5931457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
Yes it is semi expensive but you are not going to get any horsepower out of just a muffler. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Headers, full exhaust, and cold air intake might get you about 15 ponies.
Damn I figured... Well first I want the sound, so ill get a muffler for a nice throaty sound then upgrade the rest as money permits haha... What do u suggest? Looking for deep throaty sound, pretty loud, but not annoyingly high pitched at high rpms
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

www.urdusa.com
He also need the TRD SC kit.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
Bam-Ba-Lam

[QUOTE=bradicus8;5931492]
Quote:

Damn I figured... Well first I want the sound, so ill get a muffler for a nice throaty sound then upgrade the rest as money permits haha... What do u suggest? Looking for deep throaty sound, pretty loud, but not annoyingly high pitched at high rpms
Well, I have the trd supercharger, Doug thorley long tube headers, urd y-pipe, and urd 3" exhaust (as well as many other mods) and this is what mine sounds like. This was me at the track about two weeks ago

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/y0bdRrbJSTQ
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
NightShades is on a distinguished road
NightShades's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Detective_Dan;5931535]
Quote:

Well, I have the trd supercharger, Doug thorley long tube headers, urd y-pipe, and urd 3" exhaust (as well as many other mods) and this is what mine sounds like. This was me at the track about two weeks ago

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/y0bdRrbJSTQ
that thing does not sound like a taco.. supercharger is loud!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
Wow that thing sounds like it flys! But ok it's come down to the super 10, super 44, or the 40
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Wow that thing sounds like it flys! But ok it's come down to the super 10, super 44, or the 40
I personally would do the super 44
Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
Quote:
I personally would do the super 44

Nice ok, why would u pick the 44 over the 10?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #18
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Nice ok, why would u pick the 44 over the 10?
I've heard them before and like them
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the fm 10's on our motors. I had one for about a week but it didnt sound very good. When i went to glamis a couple weeks ago i heard blackhawke's tacoma with an aero turbine that sounded badass. Id go for one of those
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i have the aero turbine...its loud