1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regular cab exhaust question 2nd gen

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Backroadbomber, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Oct 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Backroadbomber

Backroadbomber [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hamburg, New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4wd 5sp Base
    Hi all. I asked this on 2nd gen forum almost a week ago, with no luck so I figured I would try here. Yes, I did search, both on tw and google with no luck. I have a 2011 regular cab 2.7 and I want a cat back exhaust, but all of them I can find are for access cab and double cab. So my question is, are the hangars for the muffler on an access cab the same for a regular cab? Ie can I cut a section out of a access cab exhaust, weld it back together, and it will fit? The few posts I found about this everyone's advice was to cut and weld in a new muffler. Well, I want to go completely stainless. My exhaust is already pretty damn rusty and will more than likely rot out within the next 2 winters. It's a Toyota so it'll run forever, so I might as well make the exhaust last forever too lol plus I can get a cat back magnaflow on eBay for 300 bones. Any help would be appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    i would try a afe system(stainless) from 4 wheel online or other store. the hangers on the mufler are the same. they will set you up with the correct system. use the 800 number they provide.

3. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Factory exhaust is stainless. It rusts, but lasts much longer than plain or aluminized steel.
    Our exhaust is waranteed for 80k, IIRC. It should last 8-10yrs in a salty area. The muffler is not covered, but the cat and piping is.

4. Jan 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    kz8yts

kz8yts Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kirby
    missouri
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma reg cab 4x4 2.7l
    3in body lift , 3 inch suspension lift , cold air induction, exhuast header, high flow cat back exhuast, westin bull bar, customized skid plates
    i just got a pace setter header, high flow cat and the dynomax cat back system. the only thing i can see is the hanger needs to be relocated

5. Jan 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Bikerdude103

Bikerdude103 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh
    Winder Ga
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    You and I have the same problem only my truck is 5 years older I just bought it used last Jan. But it came from Fla and the oem exhaust is leaking from this terrible looking weld on the muffler so Im looking to replace my exhaust cat back to start with I was told by a rep from Magnaflow they dont make cat back for regular cab tacomas and have no plans to start with So that leave one of 2 ways to do this go to muffler shop and pay some dude $500.00 dollars to do it Or do like you said and buy one for Access cab and cut it to fit then get it welded I for one vote for the second option. Where on E bay did you find a Magnaflow for 2.7L for $300.00 ???

6. Jan 30, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    kz8yts

kz8yts Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kirby
    missouri
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma reg cab 4x4 2.7l
    3in body lift , 3 inch suspension lift , cold air induction, exhuast header, high flow cat back exhuast, westin bull bar, customized skid plates
    i just put the dynomax system on my 96. i got it from advance auto parts online for 169.00 after a 15% discount. looks great sounds good but i also put the pace setter header on to so i dont know how it would sound alone, but i had to extend the tail pipe (just a short 5 inch piece at the end of the muffler ) to use the original hangers

Products Discussed in

To Top