Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Regular cab exhaust question 2nd gen

Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Backroadbomber is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Backroadbomber's Tacoma Gallery
Regular cab exhaust question 2nd gen

Hi all. I asked this on 2nd gen forum almost a week ago, with no luck so I figured I would try here. Yes, I did search, both on tw and google with no luck. I have a 2011 regular cab 2.7 and I want a cat back exhaust, but all of them I can find are for access cab and double cab. So my question is, are the hangars for the muffler on an access cab the same for a regular cab? Ie can I cut a section out of a access cab exhaust, weld it back together, and it will fit? The few posts I found about this everyone's advice was to cut and weld in a new muffler. Well, I want to go completely stainless. My exhaust is already pretty damn rusty and will more than likely rot out within the next 2 winters. It's a Toyota so it'll run forever, so I might as well make the exhaust last forever too lol plus I can get a cat back magnaflow on eBay for 300 bones. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile exhaust

i would try a afe system(stainless) from 4 wheel online or other store. the hangers on the mufler are the same. they will set you up with the correct system. use the 800 number they provide.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Factory exhaust is stainless. It rusts, but lasts much longer than plain or aluminized steel.
Our exhaust is waranteed for 80k, IIRC. It should last 8-10yrs in a salty area. The muffler is not covered, but the cat and piping is.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
kz8yts is on a distinguished road
Name: kirby
kz8yts's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a pace setter header, high flow cat and the dynomax cat back system. the only thing i can see is the hanger needs to be relocated
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Bikerdude103 is on a distinguished road

Name: Hugh
Bikerdude103's Tacoma Gallery
You and I have the same problem only my truck is 5 years older I just bought it used last Jan. But it came from Fla and the oem exhaust is leaking from this terrible looking weld on the muffler so Im looking to replace my exhaust cat back to start with I was told by a rep from Magnaflow they dont make cat back for regular cab tacomas and have no plans to start with So that leave one of 2 ways to do this go to muffler shop and pay some dude $500.00 dollars to do it Or do like you said and buy one for Access cab and cut it to fit then get it welded I for one vote for the second option. Where on E bay did you find a Magnaflow for 2.7L for $300.00 ???
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
kz8yts is on a distinguished road
Name: kirby
kz8yts's Tacoma Gallery
i just put the dynomax system on my 96. i got it from advance auto parts online for 169.00 after a 15% discount. looks great sounds good but i also put the pace setter header on to so i dont know how it would sound alone, but i had to extend the tail pipe (just a short 5 inch piece at the end of the muffler ) to use the original hangers