Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Intake and Magnaflow Exhaust

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Intake and Magnaflow Exhaust

So, I've been wanting to do a couple of performance upgrades to my '09. I've found an awesome deal on a K&N Intake and a Magnaflow cat-back together for $475, which is what most places sell the Magnaflow Cat-back for alone. Do I pull the trigger?

Here's the K&N Intake:
http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...&from_search=1

Does this seem realistic?
Estimated horsepower gain: 10.31 HP @ 4978 RPM
Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
To answer your question, it does seem a realistic gain.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I wouldn't rely on what a company advertises. The numbers they show will be real numbers, but they aren't consistent. its impossible, way to many factors involved. And they will always show the most gains possible.

Get your self the intake, and exhaust. You will be happy with the sound alone. And if you want to make sure your getting the most power, and keep your engine safe, look into a tuner device. For something like what you will have the URD MAF cal would be a good fit.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
icalayag is on a distinguished road
icalayag's Tacoma Gallery
hey... thats what i have in my taco.... its bad ass and sounds nice... and also sounds like a goood price

Products Discussed in this Thread