Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

And the best Mods are..

Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
And the best Mods are..

I'm looking to get another mod on my truck..I have a few options but not sure which one.

1) Upgrade to a dual exhaust from my single magnaflow..bugs me it's only coming out one side haha
2) Some sick new headers. Doug Thorley or JBA?..
3) Replace my k&n with an AEM cold air intake so it would quit screwin' up my MAF.

Anyone upgraded to a dual and notice a difference?
Is it worth the $ to upgrade new headers? Sound difference or power gain?
Anyone switched over to an AEM after a K&N cold air intake?

siick thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
The best Mod ever is most definitely TigerFan and his iron fist rule.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

On a more serious note. look as the doug thorley shprt tube headers, they need to be welded in but you get better performance then the long tubes.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

hmm.. just is sketchy since headers are little more pricey..

anyone really recommend dual-exhaust upgrade?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
1. Supercharger
2. Intake (URD or AFE)
3. Headers
4. Y Pipe
5. Exhaust

Roughly In that order of consistently proven gains. Throw in the UCON engine management unit to tie it all in
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
1. Supercharger
2. Intake (URD or AFE)
3. Headers
4. Y Pipe
5. Exhaust

Roughly In that order of consistently proven gains. Throw in the UCON engine management unit to tie it all in
I disagree headers will provide way more power gain than intake.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
1. Supercharger
2. Intake (URD or AFE)
3. Headers
4. Y Pipe
5. Exhaust

Thanks, plan on getting a supercharger eventually when I have the $ haha.
My mom has one on hers, it's crazy how much power it added.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
x2, I'm not sure about the 1st Gens but the Headers on the 2nd Gens are quite restrictive.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdallin View Post
anyone really recommend dual-exhaust upgrade?
I personally would never recommend a dual-exhaust setup to anyone in a truck like this who is not boosted... Opens the exhaust up too much to provide anything notably beneficial
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
x2, I'm not sure about the 1st Gens but the Headers on the 2nd Gens are quite restrictive.
I'm saying that the intake should be the next thing to put on after the super charger, or the first thing if your starting to mod. I've seen proof on XRU that the URD or AFE intakes give the most consistent gain though out the powerband