Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

JBA Long Tube Headers Review & Install Instructions

Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
rrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: Richard
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
This is starting to be a pain in the ass.. Have to cut one of the bolts that bolts the old header to the y pipe off
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #22
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrh_2 View Post
This is starting to be a pain in the ass.. Have to cut one of the bolts that bolts the old header to the y pipe off
Exhaust hardware is almost always a pain. An oxy-acetylene torch helps or something a couple cans of aerokroil/PB blaster/freeze off. Let us know how it sounds after!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #24
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Have the JBA headers. Good stuff.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #25
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TWO bolts which connects the stock exhaust manifolds to the Y pipe broke off when I installed my set... It will be royal pain if I ever go back to stock
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #26
rrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud of

Marines:
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it was a lil harder than I thought.. I ended up just splitting that nut with a chisel
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #30
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Some people have removed the steering linkage. Others get lucky. The easiest way for me was by removing the two studs in the head, which are closest to the firewall. One on top and one on bottom.

It gives you more wiggle room. Then once you have the header on, re-install the studs as well as other hardware.
I didnt remove steering linkage or studs. Trick is to remove the bracket which bolts to the header flange on the bottom....
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #32

Marines:
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
I got em in and just picked up a new o2 sensor.. Holy shit those things are expensive so I should be finished soon.. I guess the factory cross threaded the old sensor when they built my truck.. The threads on it were beyond repair
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #35
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Might give this a try http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-one-fix.html

I meant to do it before I got sent to the sandbox but didn't so I can't you from personal experience if it works or not.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #37

Marines:
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
That's the only thing that disappoints me about them.. I'm fixing to go over everything
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Done finally no leaks no tick!!! It smells like ass tho
LOL sure does. I have no cats and on cold startup it blows shit load of white smoke Makes up for all those hybrid cars driving around...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #40

Marines:
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
Haha it did for a lil while but now it doesn't stink anymore it all burned off I guess