Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Urd maf

Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
Urd maf

Hey guys I'm about to purchase a used Urd maf calibrator. Can a calibrator with the map option work on a non boosted Tacoma. I plan on going boosted in the future just not at this time.

Can I put this on my truck with no complications
-----------------------------------------

Alright I got an answer from Gadget stating I can use the MAP option with a non boasted motor. So now I'm having no luck reaching him with email so the next question is....

With the vast knowledge that is on this forum, there has got to be a tuning buff that knows how to map these for the mods on ur truck so who is it?

I need a map for the mods on my truck which are

URD TCAI
Helix TBS
DTLTs
TRD catback piping with 18in wicked flow

I can smell the truck and I know its running a little rich so I need to get the right tune for it.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_jon View Post
Hey guys I'm about to purchase a used Urd maf calibrator. Can a calibrator with the map option work on a non boosted Tacoma. I plan on going boosted in the future just not at this time.

Can I put this on my truck with no complications
i always went buy if its not factory made dont do it. i was looking into it. but i would say no. dont buy one
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
i always went buy if its not factory made dont do it. i was looking into it. but i would say no. dont buy one
That would narrow down about 90% of the mods to your truck lol.

Question was can I get the maf sensor with the map option and still use it until I go boosted. According to the Urd site it says if u plan on going boosted in the future to get the map option
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would narrow down about 90% of the mods to your truck lol.

Question was can I get the maf sensor with the map option and still use it until I go boosted. According to the Urd site it says if u plan on going boosted in the future to get the map option
im meaning performance upgrades.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Those are mapped by URD for specific intakes, as long as the engine it came off of is the same set up as yours, yes it should work.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #7

Its new never been used so I'm assuming it will have a "stock" program on it however the one the guy bought includes the MAP option that is a boosted motor. Mine is not boosted. So I believe there is a vaccum line that comes with it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its new never been used so I'm assuming it will have a "stock" program on it however the one the guy bought includes the MAP option that is a boosted motor. Mine is not boosted. So I believe there is a vaccum line that comes with it.
ya know, I think I would call URD and ask their guys, those are mapped for specific applications, they could probably re-map it i suppose
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No one is the tuning ninja here?
maybe a ninja turtle
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
Gadget can email you the correct map, just email him. Do not run someone else's map. Stick to the "base" one, or whatever gadget gives you
Sent him 2 emails with info on mods done to truck......still waiting on reply
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sent him 2 emails with info on mods done to truck......still waiting on reply
Try the phone, my understanding is that phone gets more priority then email.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
i know you can't wait until you put it on, its pretty awesome. you can tell the difference and i think my truck sounds different too. not at idle but when you're gassing it a little to WOT
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #17

Called and left a message with the answering service. Also sent them a new email, hopefully I get a response I want this on like yesterday! :banghead:
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #18

Looking for a tune file for my truck. got a hold of URD and they said when time permits they can get me out a file..... anyone out there have a file for

urd tcai
dtlt
urd catback