Notices

Lookin' for Quiet dual out muffler

Old 12-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
Question Lookin' for Quiet dual out muffler

Hi, guys.

This is probably going against the grain, but...

I came across a pair of new OEM Tacoma TRD exhaust tips and want to build a quiet dual exhaust for my truck using these tips.

I do not want the drone/loud/fart can sound. I like the quiet factory ride, therefore I'm looking for a single in/dual out muffler that can do this for me.

Any recommendations as to manufacturer and actual part number would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Add a Y after the factory muffler....
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck without using the factory muffler like suggested above. Borla makes good mufflers that aren't real loud or drone but they are louder than stock.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I had a MagnaFlow that was just barely louder than stock, hardly noticeable at regular driving rpms especially. 12586 I think was the model #.

iirc they had one step quieter than that one as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
SteveT is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Medic
Name: Steve
SteveT's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the thread necro but i got a similar question and rather than starting a new thread was looking for opinions. I use my truck mostly for hunting and want a quiet exhaust for driving in and not spooking everything within hearing range. right now i have a OEM system and to me that sounds a bit loud at times. thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
gibson split rear
Old 09-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Super flow, i hear they actually increase HP.