Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2TR Performance Parts!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
LsuMeDesigner is on a distinguished road
Army:
LsuMeDesigner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I can only see this working with dual AFR sensors. One before turbo and one after.
Im almost positive they are running a second set of fuel injectors right before the turbo essentially turning it into a turbine.
Tuning of the AFR and controlling the temp of the turbine is what is really puzzling me.
Burning unspent fuel in the turbo would cause some extreme temps and I imagine it would be glowing red in a matter of seconds.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #24
Army:
Yeah I was aware of that.
Also the 2tr has the same stroke and bore as the 3rz 4 cylinder.
If anything I'm kind of hoping that these two are close enough to use3rz parts.

I want people to be able to replicate this build. The rods are supposedly forged from factory, so I will be going pistons, turbo, and tune. Whenever that lets go...then all bets are off and I'm turning her into a beast.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #26
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
According to Wikipedia, the rods in the 1GR are forged. That is clearly not the case. Make sure to check on the rods. You will be able to tell upon first look if they are powder cast or forged.
What, you dont trust wikipedia?!?? Lol
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Just any beat a gm without forced induction muwahahahahahahah
Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
DOUBLEJTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
DOUBLEJTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on this?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #32
Army:
Hey sorry for no updates lately, but I've been extremely busy.
Soo just to fill everyone in with what has been going on. I ordered a spare 2TR from eBay, but when I took it to my machinist he noticed a hairline crack in the block which was prob caused during a wreck.
Soo after fighting with that for two weeks I was a little annoyed and aggregated and have not ordered another yet.
But I have been focusing on other parts of the truck and getting those worked out.

I'm going to be putting the 7.5 rear to the test and ordering a LSD today for it today.
This thread will prob be abandoned for a build thread soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #33
Army:
Alright I need some help!
If everyone can look in their local pull a part or local engine resellers, I'm in search of a 2Tr engine.
No one has them locally and eBay is pretty expensive.
Also if anyone has a 3RZ piston and rod they can send me to compare with 2TR piston and rods I'd really appreciate it. We can work out some sort of deal an ill mail the parts back to you.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #35
nik.moretto is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
nik.moretto's Tacoma Gallery
count me in for this i need some go fast..and yea the sts kit on our trucks dont seem like the method of choice
Old 01-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #37
Army:
Yeah no STS turbo kit for me!!
No I have not talked to any companies, alot of companies are willing to help customers, but not as willing to help someone who is pioneering and designing their own parts.
If you think they would be cool, then Id give them a shout.

It has literally rained for like 20 days straight here...its getting really bad. But when the weather clears im going to get a couple photos of the truck and start my build thread.
Ive also been very busy with work and helping a friend build his race car. Im also working with an engineer at a very well known Honda Performance company to design some new parts for the 9th gen civic.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #38
Army:
Im currently working on a AC line relocation kit. This will make manifold and turbo placement a lot easier. Does anyone have pics of under hood with the 4.0 V6 AC lines? It might be possible to use the V6 model lines.

Also....im a little new to Toyota performance, but are all R-series transmissions interchangeable?? Im curious about upgrading to a R154 compared to my R155 transmission. How do you think the power rating of these two transmissions compare to one another??
Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #40
Army:
Okay guys....sorry to dissapoint but the 2TR has been abandoned.

My work schedule just does not allow me to research, design, and build one off parts for this engine.

The good news is.....im still building the Tacoma, just not with the 2Tr. Im pretty sure this will be the first swap of its kind in the 2nd gen Taco though.