Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2TR Performance Parts!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #42
LsuMeDesigner is on a distinguished road
Army:
LsuMeDesigner's Tacoma Gallery
Alright for anyone interested I started the build thread under the build section, with the name SupraYota
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
Army:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...suprayota.html
Old 01-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #46
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So you gave up on building a 2TR and just decided to build a 2JZ-GE? Why not atleast get the GTE if already goin that route and why give up on the 2TR?
Jw
Old 01-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #47
Army:
I gave up on 2tr because there is no aftermarket support. I would have to spend time researching, designing, and developing all my own parts. I just don't have the time with my work schedule right now.

I chose the GE over GTE because they are not very different and the GE is much cheaper and easier to get a hold of. I'm the type of person that is going to tear a part an engine if it's used before I just slap it in. If I'm going inside the engine I might as well get the GE and upgrade it.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #48
DerpWerx Fab

Well even tho you gave up lol, im still curious. Last night i was searching and couldnt find any specs on our lil 2TR's.
Does anyone know what the stock compression ratio is for the newer ones with VVT-i?
Also does anyone have a link to the specs about the crank,pistons, and rods? Ive had mixed answers. Some say the crank is forged, some say the crank and rods are forged, some say the rods are just powder painted or some shit like that.

Anyone wanna help?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #49
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Wikipedia has the dimensions listed.

As far as rods being forged, I highly doubt it, since it isn't classified as a GZE or GTE engine. Most likely they are the same powder cast steel rods. Inherently weak as well as thin which makes them structurally weak as well. I would also place money that the pistons are hypereutectic pistons.

Crank I am sure will handle plenty of power though. If it is anything like the 1GR crank which has been tested to over 630 whp and ~620-650 wtq.

Sending out a rod and piston to a manufacturer would make it super easy to have a set made. Being a 4 cyl., it wouldn't be expensive either. Relatively.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab

Well id like to know what im working with just for future reference ya know?

Hyperutectic pistons are pointless lol.

If it wasnt my DD, id tear it apart and find out but i dont have time for that kinda surgery currently unfortunately .

Wonder what would happen if i just called toyota and ordered a set of stock rods and pistons. Wonder if theyd be able to tell me

Plus if the stock compression is only like 9:1 then that allows plenty room for boost without new internals IF they can handle the power.
Or could even go the tricky route and get new pistons with higher compression and try to go for a N/A build.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #52
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
SingleCabGuy have any luck getting the rods and pistons? I was reading around and like other I wonder how similar the rods are to the 3gr and was wondering if you had any luck
Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #53
DerpWerx Fab

No sir, picked up a datsun for a project car so all my attention has been going into the l28 (inline 6) is has.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #54
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
No sir, picked up a datsun for a project car so all my attention has been going into the l28 (inline 6) is has.
Damn, what happened to the rod and piston you ordered?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #55
DerpWerx Fab

Didnt do it. In previous comments i said i wondered what would happen.
And found the datsun before i had the chance to do it so yea
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #56
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just so the thread title still makes sense and so people reading thru it don't think there is no hope for their 2TR..................

http://www.lceperformance.com/Search...14&Search.y=12

I'm sure there is more than this out there too............like this - custom rods/cranks/pistons

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...stomparts.html
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #57

That's why SingleCab got a piston and rods, which i might be doing when i get a job. All parts will need to be custom made, and we're basing it off of the fact that we might have a forged crank. So we'd need to get a custom manifold, figure out what to do with the air valve, tuning, injectors and a few other things. But since my parents wont allow me to have another car, might as well make due with what i have