Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Amsoil OE 5w 30???

Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Amsoil OE 5w 30???

Is amsoil OE 5w 30 a good synthetic oil to use on my 2003 Taco v6? I heard OE is 100% hydrocracked petroleum, not a true synthetic. Any opinons??
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile oil

yes, amsoil is absolutely the best to use for your truck. i've been using amsoil since 1978.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff....More expensive than I like to spend. I use M1 and have been happy.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say it's pretty damn good. I've used their signature synthetic for extended oil change intervals but haven't used the OE. My dad used it in his 98 tacoma as well. I recently switched to Mobil 1 because I lost my AMSoil connection and do not buy enough for myself to justify the membership fee.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
If I had the money... that's all I would ever use
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
I went with royal purple and im pretty happy. I gain mpg and my truck feels smoother.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Last oil change in my wife's car I put Amsoil in. It was same price as any of the other full syns. so I gave it a try. So far, so good. I've used lots of their 2 stroke oil and liked it but never in a car or truck till now.

I've used Royal Purple in race car motors and it's good oil. Never used it in a passenger car though.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile oil

we used amsoil in our race car motors all the time. these were all aluminum small block chevs used in late model and winged modified cars.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The sig series is all I use in my engine. Severe gear in trans, diffs, and xfer case. My manual shifts much more smoothly now.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
When the OE came out it was designed to offer an option for the people who wanted a lower price point, to compete with the other "hydrocracked synthetics" out there. So yes it at least was a hydrocracked synthetic, I would assume it is still the same. To get to the true synthetic from Amsoil you need to invest in the higher price point engine oils.