Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

bolt on advice

Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
your what hurts!?!?!?
Boosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud of
Name: Zeb
Boosted TRD's Tacoma Gallery
bolt on advice

Well as you can see from my post count, I'm new here...this is my first Tacoma (bought it yesterday) it was bone stalk except for the second gen TRD supercharge... as of now the exhaust is done, intake ordered, wheels ordered & it's going to camburg for the suspension next week. What else do you guys recommend for bolt on performance, best bang for your buck mods? TIA
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted TRD View Post
Well as you can see from my post count, I'm new here...this is my first Tacoma (bought it yesterday) it was bone stalk except for the second gen TRD supercharge... as of now the exhaust is done, intake ordered, wheels ordered & it's going to camburg for the suspension next week. What else do you guys recommend for bolt on performance, best bang for your buck mods? TIA

"stock"

do you have headers? Y pipe?

what intake?

URD MAF calibrator would be good
light weight pulleys
7th injector for the supercharger
mod your tranny to match the SC. not sure on the details on this but i saw a thread where someone (Gadget i think) modded his. Ill try and find a link
http://www.gadgetonline.com/Transmission.htm for the 4runner, not sure if the tacoma is the same

http://urdusa.com/
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
your what hurts!?!?!?
Boosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud of
Untill today the exhaust was 100% stalk. No headers etc...S&B intake is what's coming. It's the manual trans so don't think I need to worrie about that.. URD MAF calibrator would be good? Got a link for this?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
sliders= one of the best purchase of my life.
unless you are planning some seriously rock crawling stuff you can probably get away with "bolt on"
Old 12-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
your what hurts!?!?!?
Haha, ya I'm a horrible speller lol sorry...
Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
"stock"

do you have headers? Y pipe?

what intake?

URD MAF calibrator would be good
light weight pulleys
7th injector for the supercharger
mod your tranny to match the SC. not sure on the details on this but i saw a thread where someone (Gadget i think) modded his. Ill try and find a link
http://www.gadgetonline.com/Transmission.htm for the 4runner, not sure if the tacoma is the same

http://urdusa.com/
said what I woulda^
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I wouldn't be that harsh. You did spell it right.

Also consider the upgrading your clutch, and possibly your flywheel. www.lceperformance.com. They have a vast selection of upgrades for your truck.

Edit*** Which engine do you have?
Thanks, I'll look in to that. All I know is its the 3.4L V6 with the second gen TRD supercharger.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted TRD View Post
Thanks, I'll look in to that. All I know is its the 3.4L V6 with the second gen TRD supercharger.
ahh didnt realize you were a first gen