Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Headers anyone?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Headers anyone?

Looking to get the full exhayst setup: headers, probably dual set up, new cats & mufflers. Does anyone have headers on their truck? If so, what brand? And do they add much power? Also, what do you figure a setup like this would cost? Going custom, not pre made. Thanks guys
Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
JBL and Doug Thorley are the ones most commonly seen on our trucks
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
B.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blanalin
B.Radd.KO's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with jba, a few have recommended them over the thorleys.

I am going with the stainless header titanium finish and they will be $1500 dollars altogether installed. I realize the price is a bit inflated but I oderd them thru a local shop.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
B.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blanalin
B.Radd.KO's Tacoma Gallery
As for custom headers I asked around and no-one really seemed interested In fabing a set up for me, just kept pushing me towards the premade.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
For most power, stick with a short tube header, and a single exhaust, no larger than 2.5". Keep the cats.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Radd.KO View Post
I am going with jba, a few have recommended them over the thorleys.

I am going with the stainless header titanium finish and they will be $1500 dollars altogether installed. I realize the price is a bit inflated but I oderd them thru a local shop.
Right on. Yeah I just ordered a set of JBAs off autoanything.com shipped to my door for $306... they've got some mad deals right now. Stoked to get them installed. Thanks guys!