Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD Supercharger Pulley Install Tool

Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
URD Supercharger Pulley Install Tool

I just can't justify the addition of a $38 one-time use tool to install a $139 part. Has anyone utilized a parts store rental pulley install tool to install an aftermarket supercharger pulley? Would anyone that purchased the URD tool be willing to "rent" theirs (I'll gladly cover shipping plus throw $10 or so your way) or sell theirs at a reduced price?

I understand that Gadget is a great supporter of the forum and I have spent a lot with URD in the past but as explained above, justifying the cost of the tool when I will use it but once, is hard for me to do.

Thanks in advance to all with input on this topic.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
1strongone1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
1strongone1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novakills View Post
I just can't justify the addition of a $38 one-time use tool to install a $139 part. Has anyone utilized a parts store rental pulley install tool to install an aftermarket supercharger pulley? Would anyone that purchased the URD tool be willing to "rent" theirs (I'll gladly cover shipping plus throw $10 or so your way) or sell theirs at a reduced price?

I understand that Gadget is a great supporter of the forum and I have spent a lot with URD in the past but as explained above, justifying the cost of the tool when I will use it but once, is hard for me to do.

Thanks in advance to all with input on this topic.
I have one I will gladly send to you. drop me an email with your address.

ogarajef@luther.edu