Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K & N Installed

Old 08-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
K & N Installed

This was an easy upgrade. Found that everything fit very nicely and did not have to use the instructions much. I will not be able to give any real feedback on it till I take a road trip. But after the 35" tires I am getting around 15 miles a gallon. I will be flashing my ECU withen the next couple of weeks. I will take some pictures of the K&N install later.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard others talk about flashing their ECU. What does this mean? Is it just re-setting it, if so how do you do it?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
You have to have it flashed if you want the factory settings removed or changed. Most dealers around here can't do it. I work for Toyota and can have it done by a trained employee. All I want changed is the air/fuel mixture.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to larger tires, can you get your computer changed to make up the difference on the odometer and the trip meter.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Banned
tacomaclay is on a distinguished road
tacomaclay's Tacoma Gallery
I Got a k&n 77 seriers what kind did you get.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaclay View Post
I Got a k&n 77 seriers what kind did you get.
I believe it is the same thing, it is the black plastic tube, not the staineless steel.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
If you go to larger tires, can you get your computer changed to make up the difference on the odometer and the trip meter.
yeah I know they can changne that, but when it gets to performance settings they can't.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM   #8

reid's Tacoma Gallery
caglezxj:

By performance do you mean air/fuel ratio. I am only concerned with the speedo and odometer. I will eventually get the URD MAF for the performance.