1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance fuel injectors

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Slimjimfenner, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    Slimjimfenner

Slimjimfenner [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    El Campo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner SR5 intake, aeroturbine exhaust
    Spectre Cold air intake, Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Blacked out tail lights, Tough Country Front end replacement
    Anyone know if performance fuel injectors would build any more power from my engine? I have a 2010 tacoma with a 4.0 and once i put my Dynapro MT's on I lost all my speed. I have a cold air intake on the way and an aero turbine exhaust installed. I just need to get back to that 6.5 second 0-60 I had before the mud tires. Is that possible or do I need to give up?

2. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    New injectors wouldnt do anything. Nothing much will be gained with the intake, and exhaust either. Only way to get it back to stock, is to re gear (asuming you went to a larger size tire).

3. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Slimjimfenner

Slimjimfenner [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    El Campo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner SR5 intake, aeroturbine exhaust
    Spectre Cold air intake, Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Blacked out tail lights, Tough Country Front end replacement
    And how do I re gear?

4. Jan 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    You would need a larger fuel pump and an ECU reflash with new injectors.

5. Feb 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Cmyifyc87

Cmyifyc87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Md
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 double cab
    6 in susp. Lift 3 in body lift, 20' XDs, exhaust, tbs, cai, jet MAF. uni-chip tuned with cai and exhaust. pending headers...
    you can read up on (ECG's) exhaust cam gears so you can advance or retard the degree to your cams in order to increase your low end torque or top end. also look into headers, alot of options if you got the duggits. the cam gears run about $89.00 and then what ever it would cost to install and tune because unless your a good mechanic you dont want to DIY could be catastrophic. but you can google local duno shops to see what it could run you install and tune.

I on the other hand will be purchasing cams and valve springs along with the ECG's along with my DT LT headers.

http://www.lceperformance.com/Adjustable-Cam-Gear-Dual-Row-Chain-20R-22R-RE-RET-p/1022003.htm

If you decide on any performance investing let me know maybe we can get a group buy or some kinda deal through our purchases.

Screen shot 2012-09-28 at 1.59.54 PM.jpg

6. Feb 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    Cmyifyc87

Cmyifyc87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Md
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 double cab
    6 in susp. Lift 3 in body lift, 20' XDs, exhaust, tbs, cai, jet MAF. uni-chip tuned with cai and exhaust. pending headers...
    Oh also re gearing could hurt your MPG even more on top of bigger tires and be just as if not more costly then other mods, cause your looking at new gears for your rear and then having them installed which could be costy, but look into it i am not sure of how moch the cam gear mod could run but maybe someone else will post some other options or insight into each of the mods.

7. Feb 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []

Products Discussed in

To Top