Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD 2.8" pulley installed

Old 06-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
That wasn't the point of the post.
The point of the post is that the dealership is not going to be able to tell just by looking at it with the belt still attached. There is such a small difference that they would have to remove the belt and measure with calipers. The only reason they would need to do that is if you had a catastrophic failure and they were trying to determine why.

If I had a catastrophic failure, I wouldn't be taking it to a dealership with ANY aftermarket parts in the first place, so it's not really even an issue
Old 06-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #22
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
The point of the post is that the dealership is not going to be able to tell just by looking at it with the belt still attached. There is such a small difference that they would have to remove the belt and measure with calipers. The only reason they would need to do that is if you had a catastrophic failure and they were trying to determine why.

If I had a catastrophic failure, I wouldn't be taking it to a dealership with ANY aftermarket parts in the first place, so it's not really even an issue
You're pretty set on turning this into an argument so do whatever you like. Nothing I said was inaccurate yet your statement of 'never' is inaccurate. That's pretty simple to understand really. Deal with it and stop trying to make it look like you know everything when you're 'information' could have potentially lead members here wrong.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #23
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You're pretty set on turning this into an argument so do whatever you like. Nothing I said was inaccurate yet your statement of 'never' is inaccurate. That's pretty simple to understand really. Deal with it and stop trying to make it look like you know everything when you're 'information' could have potentially lead members here wrong.
Ok first off dude I not set on arguing about anything. Your the one coming into my thread stirring the shit pot. My statement was inaccurate, yes, but I corrected it in the following post. I'm not trying to "act" like I know anything. Your the one riding in here all high and mighty. Step down off of your high horse.

There's tens of thousands of other threads on here for you to post on but yet you keep coming back. Pretty sure your the one trying to start an argument. It's called "unsubscribe" and move the fuck on. End of story.

If you post again I'm going to get a mod involved seeing as how you won't take a step back. I've asked you to no longer post and frankly, I'm tired of hearing you cry.

Have a nice day
Old 06-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Ostrichsak, You made your point, and it seems youre just trying to stir some shit up. Dan cleared it up, so drop it.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #26
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
And if you don't like what we have to say, PM Brunes.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Detective Dan, did you buy/use any of those fancy tools URD tries to sell you to do the pulley swap or did you use a basic flywheel puller to remove and install the pulley/s???

I'm thinking about doing the stealth 2.8 but I don't really want to buy any of their extra tools if I can, properly, get the job done with regular pullers.

Also, does it pretty much wreck the stock pulley getting it off or is it reusable without looking like its been taken off????
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
Detective Dan, did you buy/use any of those fancy tools URD tries to sell you to do the pulley swap or did you use a basic flywheel puller to remove and install the pulley/s???

I'm thinking about doing the stealth 2.8 but I don't really want to buy any of their extra tools if I can, properly, get the job done with regular pullers.

Also, does it pretty much wreck the stock pulley getting it off or is it reusable without looking like its been taken off????
I used a regular 3 jaw, 5 ton puller to take off the stock one. And yes I used the tool from URD to install it. You have to have a proper press tool to get it on. The URD one is of good quality and worth it
Old 06-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #30
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dan.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
navarski is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat-Veteran, 1AD Baumholder Germany. OIF2008-09 Sadr City.
Name: Navarski
navarski's Tacoma Gallery
Hey detective Man!
Did you use that same Autozone rental tool to install the new URD pulley? or did you buy the actuall URD install tool? If so, would you sell it to me at a reduce price? I got that same pulley like yours on the way, and I would like to do it the right way. E-mail me if you could hook a fellow Vet up. thanks dude! navarski13f@hotmail.com
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #32
tfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtfeltz73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tfeltz73's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at one of these to but can you just throw the pulley on and your good or do you have to add some other parts because of the pulley.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
If your in a hurry.URD 2.8" pulley installed-image.jpg
Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #35
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
URD 2.8" pulley installed-image.jpg
If your not fast enough and the pulley starts to spin, figured out how to keep it going.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #37
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Uhhh... wut?
I think he used the air can upside down to chill the blower snout and the pulley was heated so the pulley would go on easier but I'm not positive
Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #38
CadCamMan is on a distinguished road

CadCamMan's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of change in mileage are you seeing with the 2.8" pulley?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #39
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like I said, it's not likely but you used the word 'never' which is misleading to those reading this. Not likely is a better descriptor but yes, it's not likely. BTW, a trained tech is more astute than you think and if you think nobody has tried to get high $$ repair tickets covered under warranty with a smaller pulley you're sadly mistaken. I'm sure they will be looking as numerous memos have gone out over the years on what to look for and if they're spending thousands to rebuild a motor for instance they will likely have an area rep for Toyota checking things out. That persons job is to find reasons to void the warranty and not cover your repairs. Sure a stealth pulley is less likely to throw up red flags but if they suspect a smaller pulley is at play not much will prevent them from finding out.
I run the stealth pulley and I can assure you that you won't ever find a Toyota Tech measuring a pulley. The last time I was at a dealer the "Master Tech" forgot to tighten three bolts resulting in a tow from five miles away.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadCamMan View Post
What kind of change in mileage are you seeing with the 2.8" pulley?
You won't see a change...