Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD 2.8" pulley installed

Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really tempted to do this 2.8 pulley swap along with the fuel pump upgrade but I'm not sure I even want to keep my Tacoma or sell it and get a new Tundra or a new boosted F150.

Anyone looking for a 2013 4dr Taco w/8500miles and a TRD SC send them my way. SC was installed at 3500miles.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #42
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
I think he used the air can upside down to chill the blower snout and the pulley was heated so the pulley would go on easier but I'm not positive

Correct, 30 minutes to cool and one can.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I took my breaker bar and moved the tensioner bar from the top. Took a little working it, but required no removal of the fan assembly or anything like that.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I took my breaker bar and moved the tensioner bar from the top. Took a little working it, but required no removal of the fan assembly or anything like that.
So you removed the entire assembly rather than just turning the arm clockwise to relieve tension from the belt?
Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #47
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No, I simply turned the arm clockwise using a breaker bar to relieve tension from the belt. This did not require removal of any truck components.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #48
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have a skid plate, the tensioner is much easier from the bottom. At least I personally think it is lol
Old 09-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #49
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI, I have a brand new in package oem blower belt from Toyota if anybody needs one. $35 from Toyota. $20 from me. Pm me if you want it
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #50
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No, I simply turned the arm clockwise using a breaker bar to relieve tension from the belt. This did not require removal of any truck components.
The back of the fan clutch just barely clears the spot you would put the 1/2" drive into. I don't see how it can clear. Is there a divot or something in the fan clutch that I didn't see? Like if I turn it a few times there will be a spot that gives me better access to that? I see a lot of people talking about this in all the searches I did but nobody really mentions any details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
If you don't have a skid plate, the tensioner is much easier from the bottom. At least I personally think it is lol
I don't have a skid plate. I have two. I have the stock skid and then the optional TRD fanciful skid too. I'll have to remove both to access from the bottom and it seems that working on this myself will be a lot more difficult relieving tension from the bottom and then removing the belt up top. I can use something down there to hold it but I keep reading about people doing this from above and I still don't see how they make it seem so simple.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #51
Vivid Illumination

Nothing special... the breaker bar I used doesn't have a ratchet function which may have made it easier for me to get it in there due to it being slimmer.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #52
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Nothing special... the breaker bar I used doesn't have a ratchet function which may have made it easier for me to get it in there due to it being slimmer.
Alright, I was using a 1/2" ratchet so I'll check out a 1/2" breaker bar as well as a 3/8" breaker w/a 1/2" adapter on the end. Something has got to work so knowing that you got it to work is inspiring me to try this method again. Others have said that you need to pull the skid plates off of the bottom and get at it all from down there (which I'm sure you can) but I was sure there had to be an easier way than that. Thanks for the help!