Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD 2.8" pulley installed

Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
URD 2.8" pulley installed

just installed my 2.8 with the help of a buddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzueK...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJstuntrider View Post
Or is it the same w/ TRD blower
It's 2 more psi of boost so yea there's a difference lol
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
BeEatNU is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
nice.

I'm thinking of getting a supercharger for my taco, this will be a nice add on, this is considered a bolt on right? so it doesnt void warranty?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEatNU View Post
nice.

I'm thinking of getting a supercharger for my taco, this will be a nice add on, this is considered a bolt on right? so it doesnt void warranty?
If you install yourself it has a 12k warranty. Dealership install is 30k I believe. Fuck warranty's. it's just a gimmick to keep you coming back for the same shitty work. I've been an Air Force mechanic for almost 5 years. Nothing on these motors is difficult to do. I've installed everything in my mod list on my own. I don't trust anybody to touch my vehicles but me.

Sorry I'm a little drunk. /rant
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think the HP gains are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
^^^ Word!

I couldn't even get quality work from a local machine shop. Makes me wish I had the tools to do that work myself. Too many people just don't put forth more care for other people's property. Saddening.
Let's buy a shop and do Taco work..
Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
What do you think the HP gains are?
i'd say 20-25ish ponies
Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Detective Dan

How long or about how many miles have you had your SC kit on? Other than a grin you can't seem to get off your face every time you drive it have you had ANY issues with your TRD SC kit? I've read where some people have issues with the hose clamps that are supplied with the kit leaking. Have you had any issues like this with yours???

Any and all information about your TRD SC kit you want to share would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
^^^ Word!

I couldn't even get quality work from a local machine shop. Makes me wish I had the tools to do that work myself. Too many people just don't put forth more care for other people's property. Saddening.
You just gotta piece together a good set of tools. And if you need specialties like a puller in the above pics, you can always just rent them from autozone and get all your money back when you return it in the same condition you recieved it in
Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
BeEatNU is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
If you install yourself it has a 12k warranty. Dealership install is 30k I believe. Fuck warranty's. it's just a gimmick to keep you coming back for the same shitty work. I've been an Air Force mechanic for almost 5 years. Nothing on these motors is difficult to do. I've installed everything in my mod list on my own. I don't trust anybody to touch my vehicles but me.

Sorry I'm a little drunk. /rant
haha no worries.
I do most of the stuff that I can on any of my vehicles if I can help it or got the time, sometimes I know when I am out of my league lol
Old 06-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
cdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to behold
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just installed my 2.8 with the help of a buddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzueK...ature=youtu.be

Question for you.does the pulley void warranty?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
Question for you.does the pulley void warranty?
Only if the dealership catches you with it lol. Just buy the URD stealth 2.8" pulley. It looks exactly the same as stock and a dealership will never be able to tell the difference

http://urdusa.com/Pulleys-Supercharg...duct_info.html
Old 06-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only if the dealership catches you with it lol. Just buy the URD stealth 2.8" pulley. It looks exactly the same as stock and a dealership will never be able to tell the difference

http://urdusa.com/Pulleys-Supercharg...duct_info.html
I wouldn't say never but visually it looks almost the same. A pair of calipers aren't very expensive & if they pull a boost pressure log it'll be pretty obvious. They're a lot less likely to take such steps with a stealth pulley versus a bright red "I'm an aftermarket" anodized pulley.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I wouldn't say never but visually it looks almost the same. A pair of calipers aren't very expensive & if they pull a boost pressure log it'll be pretty obvious. They're a lot less likely to take such steps with a stealth pulley versus a bright red "I'm an aftermarket" anodized pulley.
Yea but its even stamped with the exact same markings as the stock one. I highly doubt they would ever notice
Old 06-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea but its even stamped with the exact same markings as the stock one. I highly doubt they would ever notice
Like I said, it's not likely but you used the word 'never' which is misleading to those reading this. Not likely is a better descriptor but yes, it's not likely. BTW, a trained tech is more astute than you think and if you think nobody has tried to get high $$ repair tickets covered under warranty with a smaller pulley you're sadly mistaken. I'm sure they will be looking as numerous memos have gone out over the years on what to look for and if they're spending thousands to rebuild a motor for instance they will likely have an area rep for Toyota checking things out. That persons job is to find reasons to void the warranty and not cover your repairs. Sure a stealth pulley is less likely to throw up red flags but if they suspect a smaller pulley is at play not much will prevent them from finding out.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Like I said, it's not likely but you used the word 'never' which is misleading to those reading this. Not likely is a better descriptor but yes, it's not likely. BTW, a trained tech is more astute than you think and if you think nobody has tried to get high $$ repair tickets covered under warranty with a smaller pulley you're sadly mistaken. I'm sure they will be looking as numerous memos have gone out over the years on what to look for and if they're spending thousands to rebuild a motor for instance they will likely have an area rep for Toyota checking things out. That persons job is to find reasons to void the warranty and not cover your repairs. Sure a stealth pulley is less likely to throw up red flags but if they suspect a smaller pulley is at play not much will prevent them from finding out.
Ok well even if any of that happens to be the case, it's less than an hour job to swap the stock pulley back on to go in for warranty work. I've done it a few times