Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Long tube headers or y-pipe?

Old 02-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Long tube headers or y-pipe?

ok i am debating whether to get the DT long tube headers or the DT y-pipe, what will give me better performance? I only want to eliminate one set of cats so you can see my problem, i would get both but i want to be able to pass emissions...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
depends if u got emissions. its easier to swap out a y-pipe to pass for emissions than it is to replace ur headers to get tested. u can alway get short tubes and keep the 1st pair of cats and get the y-pipe.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i felt like i gain a bit with the y-pipe in the high end. it just feels like it breaths alot better than when it was restricted
Old 02-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
DTLT Header's

I would do the Headers. Unless you cant get pass emissions. But with the O2 simulator and your second set of Cats still in place, you should pass.

I have the URD Y-pipe. They are awesome. But, I feel that the gains I felt were from already having Headers.. I have the same headers Tacoskim has, JBA shorties. Will be getting DTLT's in a couple days.

But yeah, for best performance = long tubes. Y-Pipe, will compliment the scavenging that your headers promote..
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
long tubes it is, can they be installed without having to pull the engine?
I installed my JBA's twice myself. Took only 1/2 hr second time. No pulling engine. The DTLT's are easier from what I hear. Plus no cats give you more room to work with.

You will not regret it. 4 more days, and URD gets my money

BTW, right now it's free shipping on the long tubes + $5 for O2 Sim. Best deal yet.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
bram will become famous soon enoughbram will become famous soon enough
Name: Bram
bram's Tacoma Gallery
does urd ship those overseas?