Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

01 Tacoma V6 Intake/Free Mods!

Old 08-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
ZackPaul is on a distinguished road
ZackPaul's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to ZackPaul
01 Tacoma V6 Intake/Free Mods!

Hey guys i have a 2001 Tacoma with the 5VZ-FE V6. I was wondering first, are there any free mods i could do myself to improve performance? Secondly, Which intake could i get the best results with HP/TRQ wise? Also where is the best place for performance parts my Taco? Im not really looking into modding it to much because of a budget and a kid on the way, but i just want something comfortable with a little more power when i need it, and to cruise my kid around in(4-door :-D). Anything you guys have helps, Thanks - Zack
Old 08-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW! The Deckplate Mod is a must!!! Banshee has done this, and can help you out if you have any questions. Good luck!

Check this out...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...plate-mod.html
Old 08-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of guys are taking out their secondary air filter. I have not done it because I plan on buying an intake, but I have not heard any negative feedback about it yet. Some people say it worked well, some say it did nothing at all, but no one said it caused harm.

As for an intake, I will be buying the URD one. I think it is the best because it relocates you filter to just behind your grill outside you engine compartment. This allows it to pick-up colder air.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yes do the Deckplate mod. Easy and cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
A lot of guys are taking out their secondary air filter. I have not done it because I plan on buying an intake, but I have not heard any negative feedback about it yet. Some people say it worked well, some say it did nothing at all, but no one said it caused harm.

As for an intake, I will be buying the URD one. I think it is the best because it relocates you filter to just behind your grill outside you engine compartment. This allows it to pick-up colder air.
There is no secondary air filter on pre 2005 Tacomas.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, didnt check the year.