Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD's New "BEEF" Clutch

Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Damn i may be doing it sooner then i planned!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Just sharing the wealth my friend. Hope I didn't influence you to much. Muwahahahahaha...!

Not for $700...not just yet
Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Then i must have been looking at the stage 2.

$450 ill buy it tonight..haha
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
And sometimes I wish I had the 6spd............seems most people in my area and in this day/age they don't want to, or are so spoiled don't know how to drive a manual, so it makes it harder to find
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #12
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm going to run stock power for the distant future which stage clutch would best suit me? I'd rather it not engage like the pure beef clutch in the Evo I run at the track... I'd go with the 3+ if it means longest durability and i'll deal with the snappy engagement. I may just go home and roast my clutch so I can upgrade !!! jk, but no more babying that OEM clutch that's for sure.

PS I swear im not following you around TW Torspd... apparently we find interest in the same things.

~M
Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. I have my first follower, and I don't have a Twitter account yet. Lol. Nah, it is all good man. Similar minds have similar interests. :top:

Based off of the new single disk clutches that URD released, I would just go with whichever fits your needs best.

Unless you want a (hypothetically) super smooth clutch that can take the abuse from towing, off roading, and high power builds. Then go for the twin disk.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about a multi-stage clutch. Anyone ever have issues with the hydraulic system, pedal, TO bearing leveR when adding a multi-stage?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
So, I had bought a clutch kit nj was sent the wrong one. Sent it back and now need the right one. After reading this I have a few questions. The stage 3+ is more durable, I am getting flywheel and tob so total is $720+ 17$ shipping. Is the 3 more durable than the 1. I wheel my truck and the 3 will def make it harder, but I prefer longer life.

Thanks. Probably ordering within the next day or 2
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
dewey smith is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
dewey smith's Tacoma Gallery
What's the installation difficulty on one of these? I'm comfortable installing a clutch and I was just gonna go with the stock AISIN kit, but I wheel a lot and I'm planning on installing the TRD Supercharger kit when I have about $3k sitting around, haha.

Also, do I need any of the flywheel or pressure plate bolts if I get the clutch/flywheel combo? Would the flywheel be worth it if I can get the stock one machined for free? My dealership also just replaced the throw-out bearing on my truck before I bought it because it had the lovely squeak that so many of us have had. I wouldn't need to get a new one of those, would I?

ONE MORE QUESTION. Is the 3+ a dual disc? It doesn't look like it is in the pics. I'm sold on the dual-disc for sure.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #20
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey smith View Post
What's the installation difficulty on one of these? I'm comfortable installing a clutch and I was just gonna go with the stock AISIN kit, but I wheel a lot and I'm planning on installing the TRD Supercharger kit when I have about $3k sitting around, haha.

Also, do I need any of the flywheel or pressure plate bolts if I get the clutch/flywheel combo? Would the flywheel be worth it if I can get the stock one machined for free? My dealership also just replaced the throw-out bearing on my truck before I bought it because it had the lovely squeak that so many of us have had. I wouldn't need to get a new one of those, would I?

ONE MORE QUESTION. Is the 3+ a dual disc? It doesn't look like it is in the pics. I'm sold on the dual-disc for sure.

The URD Clutches are direct replacements for the stock clutch. There is no difference on the installation.

Two things that you want to make sure you do or don't do during the installation. Professional mechanics are the worst for doing this.

When installing the pressure plate on the flywheel, make real sure you very slowly and evenly compress the pressure plate onto the the flywheel. Turn each pressure plate bolt 1/2 turn at a time so you slowly and evenly compress the pressure plate. I see professional mechanics use their screw gun and zip one all the way down, then do another one. Once that is done the diaphragm spring is bent and the pressure plate is ruined. You will never get a smooth engagement or release of the clutch. Something so simple is beyond the ability of so many professionals.

Next, don't hang the trans on the input shaft. This also happens all the time. People stab the trans on the clutch and then pull the jack away and the weight of the trans is hanging on the input shaft. That will bend the hub of the clutch disc and ruin it every time. The clutch will never engage smoothly once the hub is bent.

Of course always replace the flywheel or have it machined.

The URD Stage 3+ clutch is a single disc but it is a dual friction with different types of friction material on each side of the disc.

You should not try to reuse the flywheel to crank bolts. They are single use if you have the stock ones. Get new stock ones or something better.

The problem is you can be doing the install and then go to torque up the flywheel bolts and find that one or more just stretch and will not tighten up. This is a common thing so have new bolts ready to go in.

G