Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Possibly some headers?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
PhoenixTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
PhoenixTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly some headers?

I am thinking about getting some headers soon. But I am not really sure weather to get long tube or short tube. Or the brand.. Any advise or any good reviews on any brands?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixTaco View Post
I am thinking about getting some headers soon. But I am not really sure weather to get long tube or short tube. Or the brand.. Any advise or any good reviews on any brands?
Ive got doug thorley long tubes on my truck and couldnt be happier with them, good gains and quality built

then there was JBA headers that were another good brand as well
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Big O is on a distinguished road

Name: Owen
Big O's Tacoma Gallery
Lenth

I'm always Amazed at how few responces a Good post like this one gets.

Long tubes will be the for your results.

I'm fixin' to get me some on my X.

Don't know which brand,yet.

Let me know which ones you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixTaco View Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Read somewhere that short tubes are better for 1st gens and long tubes for 2nd gens? Someone may need to clarify/provide an explanation
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Read somewhere that short tubes are better for 1st gens and long tubes for 2nd gens? Someone may need to clarify/provide an explanation
Actually, the long tubes seem to be better on the 3.4, while best gains are had with the shortys on the 1GR engines.