Notices

CAI

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
ROMYER8313 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry Division,1st battalion, Bravo company, second platoon
Name: robert
ROMYER8313's Tacoma Gallery
CAI

i was wanting to instal either a trd cai or a AFE cai. i was concerned because i was told by toyota that the trd cai was not compatible with my 2008 tacoma and my supercharger. i was looking on line and there were some problems with the cai and the supercharger and the cai would cause a lean code. is there anything that i can do to install the afe or the trd cai without having these cai causing a lean code?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMYER8313 View Post
i was wanting to instal either a trd cai or a AFE cai. i was concerned because i was told by toyota that the trd cai was not compatible with my 2008 tacoma and my supercharger. i was looking on line and there were some problems with the cai and the supercharger and the cai would cause a lean code. is there anything that i can do to install the afe or the trd cai without having these cai causing a lean code?
The afe stage 2 Si is compatable with the trd blower.....lots of guys here and on xru run that setup.....the afe stage 2 Si and original style trd intake work well, its just the newer style trd intake was a hack job and k&n didn't do their homework when they designed it.

If in doubt u can call gadget at urdusa.com

He can make a skateboard supersonic if u give him some bubble gum, a no2 pencil and duct tape.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Btw, the older style trd and afe stage 2 si are 99% the same.....they are both made by afe....TRD does not make intakes, they contract others to do it.

Afe has a small port in front that u can cover or leave open (google pics)....the older trd is fully sealed but otherwise looks identical for the most part.

The new trd is flawed, made by k&n, has a goofy lil indicator on the box for filter life, clips on the top, and thrown cel under boost.........gadget at urd can sell u a maf calibrator that's tuned to fix this issue too.

Id just use the afe tho......buy it from gadget
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
ROMYER8313 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry Division,1st battalion, Bravo company, second platoon
Name: robert
ROMYER8313's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, I called and talked to gadget and he confirmed that the AFE was compatible.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMYER8313 View Post
Thanks for the info, I called and talked to gadget and he confirmed that the AFE was compatible.
Cool beans
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
If I recall correctly Toyota does not support a CAI with the SC. So unless you are under warranty, should not be an issue.