1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma mods

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by ROMYER8313, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jan 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    ROMYER8313

ROMYER8313 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    medford oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 sport package
    supercharger, 3inch lift, Doug thorley long tube headers and Magnaflow pro series off road exhaust. urd 2.55 pulley, ucon ems, upgraded urd fuel pump, urd seventh injector system, 61lb mulit-fuel fuel injectors, and AFE cai.
    so i was going to order these mods for my Tacoma and i was wondering if there might be anything else that would go with these mods to make it work better or if i have everything i need for these mods to function correctly.

AFE Intake, Stage 2 Si, Tacoma, 2005-2011 V6

URD "Stealth" Supercharger Pulley, 4.0L TRD Supercharger 2.55"

UCON-EMS Advanced Engine Management for Toyota 1GR-FE 4.0L V6

URD 2005+ Tacoma V6, Fuel Pump/Filter Upgrade Kit

URD 7th Injector Assembly for 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 [​IMG]

i think that i got evrything that i needed for all these parts to function correctly but then again i might have missed something.

2. Jan 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    What do you plan to do about the press on install of the pulley and the machining down of the "snout" on the TRD supercharger unit?

3. Jan 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Id like to see how much power you'd make with that 2.55" pulley. With the list you've got there you should be good to go other then what's mentioned above ^^^

4. Jan 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
  5. Jan 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    ROMYER8313

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    medford oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 sport package
    supercharger, 3inch lift, Doug thorley long tube headers and Magnaflow pro series off road exhaust. urd 2.55 pulley, ucon ems, upgraded urd fuel pump, urd seventh injector system, 61lb mulit-fuel fuel injectors, and AFE cai.
    it says that i have the option to get the tools to be able to do this my self, but i will most likely have the shop do it for me.

6. Jan 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Okay just wanted to make sure that you knew these were not all "bolt-on" performance parts. That some modification would be required. Good luck and would like to hear about improvements.

7. Jan 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    Super Werty

Super Werty Sleeper 4x4

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
    what primary injectors are you running? you'll need the URD 668cc for that 2.55 pulley

8. Jan 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    ROMYER8313

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    medford oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 sport package
    the parts that i have listed above is what is going to get installed and all i have on the truck is the supercharger and thorley headers and magnaflow pro series off road exhaust. i'm very new to this kind of thingso what exactly are the URD 668cc injectors and what is it listed under on the URD website?

9. Jan 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    ROMYER8313

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    medford oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 sport package
  10. Jan 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    ROMYER8313

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    medford oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 sport package
    oh, and what gauges should i use? i was thinking air/fuel and boost for the flex pod gauge mount and then maybe two more on the A-pillar mount.

11. Jan 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Are you planning on running E85 or no?

12. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    Super Werty

Super Werty Sleeper 4x4

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
  13. Jan 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    AFR is almost like a must to make sure your not running too lean or rich, the boost gauge I think is optional but a nice to have. All I'm running is an AFR gauge I'm fine with just that.

14. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Definitely get an AFR gauge, like he said. ^^^^

A boost gauge on the s/c unit isn't as critical as it is on a turbo setup. However if it shows vacuum and boost, it will still be a good troubleshooting tool. Incase a vacuum leak occurs. Then it will read a lesser vacuum and you will be able to tell compared to normal readings which should fall between -19inHg to -21inHg at idle.

Products Discussed in

To Top