Notices

Tacoma mods

Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
ROMYER8313 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry Division,1st battalion, Bravo company, second platoon
Name: robert
ROMYER8313's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma mods

so i was going to order these mods for my Tacoma and i was wondering if there might be anything else that would go with these mods to make it work better or if i have everything i need for these mods to function correctly.

AFE Intake, Stage 2 Si, Tacoma, 2005-2011 V6

URD "Stealth" Supercharger Pulley, 4.0L TRD Supercharger 2.55"

UCON-EMS Advanced Engine Management for Toyota 1GR-FE 4.0L V6

URD 2005+ Tacoma V6, Fuel Pump/Filter Upgrade Kit

URD 7th Injector Assembly for 1GR-FE 4.0L V6

i think that i got evrything that i needed for all these parts to function correctly but then again i might have missed something.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
What do you plan to do about the press on install of the pulley and the machining down of the "snout" on the TRD supercharger unit?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to see how much power you'd make with that 2.55" pulley. With the list you've got there you should be good to go other then what's mentioned above ^^^
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
it says that i have the option to get the tools to be able to do this my self, but i will most likely have the shop do it for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Okay just wanted to make sure that you knew these were not all "bolt-on" performance parts. That some modification would be required. Good luck and would like to hear about improvements.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
what primary injectors are you running? you'll need the URD 668cc for that 2.55 pulley
Old 01-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
the parts that i have listed above is what is going to get installed and all i have on the truck is the supercharger and thorley headers and magnaflow pro series off road exhaust. i'm very new to this kind of thingso what exactly are the URD 668cc injectors and what is it listed under on the URD website?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
OK, so i added the 61lb Mulit-Fuel Fuel Injector for 1GR-FE and the Injector Harness Adapter - 1GR-FE to Bosch/Lucas (EV-1) to the list i think that is all i need in order to put all the mods that i have listed into my truck. if im missing anything please tell me what i am missing.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
oh, and what gauges should i use? i was thinking air/fuel and boost for the flex pod gauge mount and then maybe two more on the A-pillar mount.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMYER8313 View Post
OK, so i added the 61lb Mulit-Fuel Fuel Injector for 1GR-FE and the Injector Harness Adapter - 1GR-FE to Bosch/Lucas (EV-1) to the list i think that is all i need in order to put all the mods that i have listed into my truck. if im missing anything please tell me what i am missing.
you are good to go now! There is very little left to add at that point. But You will be happy with the results
Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #13
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMYER8313 View Post
oh, and what gauges should i use? i was thinking air/fuel and boost for the flex pod gauge mount and then maybe two more on the A-pillar mount.
AFR is almost like a must to make sure your not running too lean or rich, the boost gauge I think is optional but a nice to have. All I'm running is an AFR gauge I'm fine with just that.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #14
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely get an AFR gauge, like he said. ^^^^

A boost gauge on the s/c unit isn't as critical as it is on a turbo setup. However if it shows vacuum and boost, it will still be a good troubleshooting tool. Incase a vacuum leak occurs. Then it will read a lesser vacuum and you will be able to tell compared to normal readings which should fall between -19inHg to -21inHg at idle.