Notices

More Flow, Sounds like Stock

Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
More Flow, Sounds like Stock

I'm looking to replace my factory muffler, but I just want to breathe better out of the tailpipe, but I want it to sound stock. A little sound is okay but nothing like a big o flow master.

Anyone have some suggestions?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Look into Gibson Exhaust

Gibson exhaust makes a good cat-back system. It flows better, its designed for your truck.
The system is priced well. I have used Gibson on every truck I have ever owned.
Its about the same sounding as the O.E exhaust.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Trd exhaust
I love mine...not too loud, not too quiet.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
TRD exhaust would work too, if i was you I'd check-out the pricing on both systems.
Or but a super turbo muffler the same length as the o.e muffler and weld that in. Most exhaust shops carry a performance muffler on hand.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Walker is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
Walker's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 50 is pretty quiet, my boss has one on his 4.0 Cheerokee and its quiet but has a little rumble.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
They dont make a TRD Exhaust for the single cab 4 cyl. I might be able to track down just a TRD muffler.

I had a 50 series on my previous truck which was a frontier pro 4x. it sounded good on the highway but still kinda loud, that was a v6, would prolly sound different on a 4cyl.

Ill check on the gibson.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you get an 18" XL type muffler from someone such as Magnaflow, you will be quite close to stock as far as sound is concerned and will be getting better flow. However, if you decrease the amount of backpressure, you will affect the exhaust scavenging aspect of the engine as set by Toyota and will lose some low end power which on the 4cyl is likely very important. It is all up to you, but I know that my exhaust setup has taken and moved my powerband further out int he RPM range. I will say though that the decrease in low end that you will realize will likely be VERY minor.