Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Conserns with Magnaflow Pro Offroad series

Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Conserns with Magnaflow Pro Offroad series

I've had this exhaust system and my main concern has anyone had a dramatic effect on losing mpg and the rpms higher WITHOUT having an intake?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
I have this exhaust on my truck, but check this out unless they changed it if your a double cab with long bed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2890914

After i got it to fit it was nice but there is bit of exhaust drone on the highway now. Today I drove for 8 hrs round trip into Michigan for a cap. Kinda annoying when going 70mph with the exhaust tone reflecting of the pavement into the truck.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same exhaust too, the drone at highway speed is pretty bad. Is great around town but I drive way too much highway to keep it.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Idk I felt like I've lost so much mpg and on the highway my rpms are rediciouls
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
there is no way the exhaust will effect rpm?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this will make it louder, so maybe you think you are at a higher rpm. Plus how much mpg did you lose? Lots of variables affect that.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
there is no way the exhaust will effect rpm?
it can if you run the exhaust through your axle which helps spin the gears faster. This causes higher RPM on the highway.

Please for the love of God let the OP know better than to believe this.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #8
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
On highway is where I notice it