Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust system???

Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust system???

What's the best system / combo to get? I'm looking for headers and full exhaust w dual exit
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
dust ...
chris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Chris
chris66's Tacoma Gallery
i am unsure about 2nd gens but in a thread i think a mod said 2.5 inch piping is the biggest you should go and short tube headers for 1st gens and long tube for 2nd gen. and the mod who posted about the pipe diameter also said "backpressure" doesn't affect performance, scavenging does ? but again with the headers i am not sure if you can run cats with them.

my goal for exhaust in the future on my 3.4 v6 1st gen is short tube headers, front cat, 2.5 inch piping, and magnaflow 14 inch exhaust or at 2525 and a rear o2 sensor to replace the rear cat

but do you have to worry about smog? if not i'd just get headers, and from the header back whatever piping and maybe a resonator and whatever muffler you want
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Urdusa.com

Gadgets got a few systems and headers

I think 3" is overkill unless ur boosted.......gadget (urd) can help u there too
Old 02-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #5
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Flow master has a duel exit as well but the mbrp is cheaper
Old 02-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #6
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Doug Thorley long tube headers and the cat-back exhaust system of your choosing. There are a lot of exhaust manufacturers for our trucks I would recommend going to the exhaust sound clip thread and listening to different systems to see what you want.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #7

Yeah I've done that I actually like the mbrp ALOT
Old 02-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
my flowmaster 50 series is a dual, i'm not happy. it rubs up agaisnt the leafs...
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #10

Oh haha ok got it
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Taco aficionado
fireball946 is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
fireball946's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckytaco View Post
What's the best system / combo to get? I'm looking for headers and full exhaust w dual exit
I've got the URD cat-back, 3" might seem like a bit of an overkill, its perfect if your truck is boosted, but its worked out great for a N/A truck like mine, plus it was easy to install, un-bolt the old and bolt in the new
Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #12
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball946 View Post
I've got the URD cat-back, 3" might seem like a bit of an overkill, its perfect if your truck is boosted, but its worked out great for a N/A truck like mine, plus it was easy to install, un-bolt the old and bolt in the new
Can not verify if true or not true, a reply on XRU, stated the URD will make less power than stock on a NA truck. I would recommend more research before spending money, unless sound is the only criteria.

PK