Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Which CAI would you pick?

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
AFE 59 52.68%
Volant 23 20.54%
AEM Brute Force 6 5.36%
K&N 77 11 9.82%
Airaid 5 4.46%
K&N 63 7 6.25%
RPB 1 0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Which CAI would you pick?

As some of you may know I was chosen the winner of a CAI from Autoanything from a thread here on TW. Now time to decide. I don't know details yet, but if price is no factor which would you choose and why?

I'll start by prioritizing.

1. Would be to gain if possible mpg's.
2. Performance.
3. Sound

I definitely don't want to lose mpg's, if no gain that is fine, but don't want to lose.

Any performance and sound would be great after that, but for sound an exhaust would be the first choice. May add that later.

Next I see that some are enclosed and some are open or just have heat shields. I'm leaning towards the enclosed ones to keep water/mud out if/when I wheel my truck. Is this something to consider or is it nothing to worry about?

And aside from that I prefer a dry filter. I've had K&N's before, not a problem with oiling, just prefer the dry.

I listed the poll in order of my preference at this point at least.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Snorkel
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Snork, afe stage 2 Si......keep it enclosed or it defeats the purpose
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Afe or the Volant I would say. Both are closed. Stay away from the open ones, they sound quite good but the other are better for maintaining mileage in my opinion.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Trd old style or the afe
Has to be from Autoanything.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No poll option for snorkel!?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind the volant has been known to throw check engine lights when paired with the scoop/ram....not everyone experiences it, but if u do, urd can fix ya up
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #10

Ahh autoanything gotcha, get whatever you can, sell it and get a snorkel hahaha
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Its not a option but get a URD trueCAI.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopie View Post
Its not a option but get a URD trueCAI.
He's worried about mud and water.....not urd's strong point.....damn good intake otherwise tho
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Volant and add the ram air scoop

Sockmonkey's

Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-ram-air.html
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Volant and add the ram air scoop

Sockmonkey's

Damn that looks sweet! I doubt they will do the scoop though. I don't have any details as of yet.

I don't want to run rich or drop mpg's though as the thread/link you posted says.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
afe is the best one.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my K&N system on my truck
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #20
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
I voted AEM but I wasn't thinking about dirt roads, water crossings or mud. So, with that being said I would go with Volant

Products Discussed in this Thread