Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

boost/vacuum gauge?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
boost/vacuum gauge?

So i will be installing my URD SC once it arrives in the next couple weeks. I am looking at installing a boost/vacuum gauge but idk what one to choose.

So far this is the best one i could find.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3125&sid=11

cheapest i could find it was 200 from summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-4376
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the AEM digital Boost/vacuum gauge and digital wideband in mine. I haven't had much time on them yet but so far they seem to work pretty good. I ordered them both from summit. Here is a pic of mine.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just ordered a 2 pod pillar pod, and think i might use this gauge as one, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-214536/overview/
But idk what gauge i should use for the second one. I am thinking either post inter-cooler temp, a/f ratio, oil temp, or oil pressure. I dont know yet.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have defi gauges in my Lexus. Even had a big 60mm HKS boost gauge for quite some time. Hands down the best gauges out there imo of course. I've used an innovative wide band in all my boosted cars.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
'merica

I ended up buying the autometer from autozone online and got 40 bucks off because they had a 20% off everything sale. so it was only 160 bucks.
I also bought a dual pod pillar pod. Still am contemplating what to put in the second pod. I am thinking either post intercooler air temp or engine oil temp or pressure. I am not really sure.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
'merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Wideband AFR sensor.
Brand/model suggestions?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what im running just for reference. Boost & A/F Autometer Phantom II gauges

Also heres a thread i made when I got my TRD S/C on what gauges are more important.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ercharger.html