Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

lockers for my 2011 tacoma and cracked Diff

Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Emminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Emminasian's Tacoma Gallery
lockers for my 2011 tacoma and cracked Diff

whats up guys. i have a 2011 trd sport 4x2, ive been hearing lockers help a lot off road. but i wasnt sure if it applys only to the 4x4, and where can i get rear lockers for a descent price.

Also , i got in a accident last week, and my diff cracked so its getting replaced anyone have any suggestions on a diff to get ? or should i get the factory one ?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
If you really want one, and I mean REALLY want one then get an ARB. They are the best out there but be prepared because they are a bit pricey. Just search around the forum and look at other guys' builds. There are a lot of amazing tacomas on here that should give you some sort of inspiration.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Replace with the diff with factory lockers
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Emminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Emminasian's Tacoma Gallery
what do you mean?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota as an option on Tacomas makes a diff with electric lockers. Get your hands on one of those and you or a dealer could wire the switch up for you.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Toyota as an option on Tacomas makes a diff with electric lockers. Get your hands on one of those and you or a dealer could wire the switch up for you.
That's the offroad with an 8.0 diff the op has a sport with has a 8.4 diff won't work
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
That's the offroad with an 8.0 diff the op has a sport with has a 8.4 diff won't work
The diff is cracked so I'm goin to be getting a new one , should I get the trd offroad diff ? And get the e locker ?