Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

DIFF swap?? tacoma help!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Emminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Emminasian's Tacoma Gallery
DIFF swap?? tacoma help!!!

i have a 2011 tacoma trd sport 4x2 , what can i gain if i swap out the rear axle with 4x4 axle and diff? Lockers ?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
You already have a limited slip differential. I'm a first gen, so I'm not sure how it would work for you because you have a lot more electronics then I do. I think you would want a TRD Off Road axle if you wanted a locker, because that's what it is for the first gen, but I think it may be different for you. I think they did away with all the mechanical lockers and limited slips and went to electronically lockers and limited slips.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
nothing gained unless you want the elocker from the trd off road like said above ^^^ you might as well just put an arb locker in there if you want a locker or a detroit trutrac if you was a mechanical limited slip instead of the electronically limited slip (auto lsd)